Chapter 4

Ismae's Pov

I looked at Kane and wondered why he was still here.
"Don't you have something important to do?" I asked. Rude, I know, but I really wanted him to go away so that I could concentrate on getting information on his family.
I could ask him, but I can't talk to him or even look at him with out feeling this weird thing in my chest. It was unusual and I didn't like not knowing what was happening to me.

Kane put a hand to his chest and said mockingly, "You wound me with your unkind words." I just raised an eyebrow at his act.

"Ok,ok. I'm curious. How come you live deep in the forest and why were you in Seattle last night with blood on your hands?" Ah fizzlesticks. I can't let him know what I do.
Thinking quickly, I said "I live in the forest because I like nature & I was in Seattle because I was feeding." I hoped that he believed me and all he said was, "Right.. and that's why you attacked me?"
"I thought you were a rouge. By the way, who follows girls at night? Huh? That was kinda creepy last night." I said defensively.

"Well, are you going to invite me in?" he asked, nodding towards my cottage.

"No." I said bluntly; how was I supposed to explain the swords, knives and stakes to him if he did go inside?
He looked surprised that I'd said no. I guess he doesn't get many 'no's.

"Alright then. Fine. Be like that. But I'll found out about your secret soon enough." he said, walking out of the clearing. That was just childish. I was kinda worried though. What if he does find out about me being a huntress? Oh well, I shrugged and went into my cottage, he wasn't gonna find out because I'm gonna steer clear away from him.