Gin

What happened?...

When I came to, it was dark already. I was in a dazed, and adjusting my eyes. When I finally came to realization of what had happen, I tried to stand, but I didn't have enough strength. I tried to say something, but I couldn't hear my own voice, and my throat hurts.

"Hey, are you okay?..." An unfamiliar voice asked as I looked up and saw a boy about either my age or a few years older. He was sitting on a tree stump with his left leg out, and his right leg crossed inward as he rested his chin on his right hand and his left arm relaxing on his leg.

I blankly gazed upon his face, which was hidden behind a fox mask. At the same time being confused, I was trying to understand his words.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked me again. This time it hit me, and I finally found my voice.

"I'm not sure.." I answered, taken aback at my own response.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He asked.

"I-I don't know, but where are we?" I countered him as I stared at our surrounding.

"Don't worry, you're still in Takamori-machi," he chuckled behind the mask, "do you feel any pain? I saw you fell pretty hard.."

I embarrassingly blushed as I recalled falling, "you don't have to remind me!" I was too embarrassed at this point to continue talking to this person, "I'm leaving!"

"Ahh, wait.. Do you even know your way out?" He asked getting onto his feet.

I looked around, and all I saw was green, and more green everywhere, "n-no.. I don't.." I quietly let out a sigh feeling lost.

"I can help you find the way out if you want," he replied with no hesitation.

"Would you?! That'll be very kind of you!" I smiled at him and kindly bowed.

There was an awkward silence after my thank you bow. He didn't say anything, but just stared at me. I caught myself staring directly into the mask's eyes of this unknown person.

It's kind of creepy looking at the mask, I looked away from the masked person , and worse is that this person isn't responding back. What am I suppose to do!?

"Gin.." he finally say something after what seems like a long time.

"Huh?.." I was confused what that meant.

"My name is Gin," he repeated himself this time making more sense,"What is your name?"

"Ahh.. My name is (Y/F/N). I volunteered for World Forest and Water Conservation," I smiled at Gin, and again there was a long awkward silnece.

"Well, we should head out. Can you stand?" He broke the awkward silence.

"I think I can," I tried again getting up by moving my feet. I stood up and walked towards Gin.

"Stop," he commanded,"you can't come near me."

Confused I stayed put and watched Gin walked towards me and stand a few inches away.

"I will lead the way for you, but don't touch me in any way, and keep your distance" he held out the end of the stick to me, "you can hold onto this end, so you don't get lost in the forest," he calmly waited for me to grab hold of the other end.

He led the way, and I followed wandering how did I end up trusting a stranger leading me out of the forest.

We didn't walk for that long, and he stopped in front of a small cave, and turned to me, "we'll rest here for the night. You look tired.."

"Ah, o-okay.." I didn't know how to feel about this, sleeping outdoor with a boy I hardly knew. I shaked my head at the thought.

As if he's reading my mind, he let out a chuckled that caught my attention, "don't worry, I won't try to do anything funny to you. We'll set out early in the morning." As he said that, he went to gather some woods and made a fire.

We sat across from each other, and the awkward silence fell upon us again.

I don't know where I am, but I will have to trust him, just this one time. I need to get back to the cabin as soon as possible. I hope everyone made it out.