•°○Fireflies○°•

Is that really me? It feels so unreal. They're all crying for me, and they cannot see nor hear me.

I can feel the hot tears falling, and I'm at a loss for words. There sleeping on the hospital bed was my body, bruised up and broken. Bandages, doctors and nurses checking my vital signs, and brain activity.

It's a small hospital, but they have some of the latest technology require in bigger hospitals in the cities. Seeing my body lifeless on life support, brings me greater pain than I can imagined. I bawled my heart out and nobody could hear me. No matter how much I screamed I am here.

"I-I'm h-here.. somebody.. please.. hear me.. see me.." I sobbed to myself.

"Are her parents here?" Maho asked Chiyo.

"Yes, but it looks like the mother couldn't handle the news very well. She's broken at the moment." Chiyo's voice didn't break, but I know she was concern for my mother.

Then the door opened, and I saw my mother ran up to my body and bawled her eyes out. This sadden me that I also cried along with her, even though she couldn't see me.

Once everyone settled down, and start chattering waiting for me to wake up.

For some time, in the afternoon, the doctor and nurse came to inform everyone.

"We're sorry, we did what we could, but unfortunately.." he paused trying to find the words, "we did all the tests, and the results came back positive confirming she's clearly brain dead. What you all see today was just her finger muscles moving involuntarily."

This broke my parents and my crew even more. They cried loud enough to drain put any other sounds in the room.

"There are some options for the parents to decide what they see best and fit," the doctor went over some things with my parents in private while the others just kept sobbing.

For some time, the door finally opened and my parents came into the room to informed the crew.

"We have decided to let her go.." I could hear my father's shaking words holding back tears.

My mother threw herself on top of me, and weep the saddest cried helplessly as she brushed back my hair, "My baby, my baby!"

"She will no longer be hurting, she'll probably be happier that way.." My father trailed off as he cried.

The crews were sadden and crying at the option they chose, but they respectively said their goodbyes one by one. My parents gave their final goodbye kisses and they unplugged the life support together.

~BBBBBEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP~

The sound of the machine when somebody is no longer alive.

I smiled in tears as I understood their decision. I gave my parents my final goodbye kisses, and left to wander on my own.

"I felt something cold on my cheek," my mother touched the place where I have kissed her.

My father touched his cheek where I have kissed him in silenced, "she must have been here this whole time.." as he said these words calmly, he smiled between his own tears.

When I left, I wandered aimlessly, but my foot took me back to a familiar place. A place where I know he will be there waiting for me. Before I knew it, it was already night time. Just like that night when I first met him..

There are a lot fireflies tonight.

I was distracted in my own thought when I heard a voice behind me.

"You're back," the sweet familiar voice greeted me, and I looked up to find him without his mask on.

I smiled between sobs as I ran towards him. I embraced him and clutched onto his shirt. The fireflies dance around us magically.

"Yes.. I'm back.. I'm here to stay if you will allow me.." hiding my sobbing face, he gently wrapped his arms around me and kisses the top of my head smiling.

"Yes, welcome home, (Y/N).." he then lifted my face up to meet his as he wiped away my tears and warmly greeted my lips with his.

I chuckled, "these fireflies are beautiful. Where did they come from?"

He grinned, "they have always been here. Even when we were alone traveling to get back here."

"Really? I must not pay attention enough!" I was in surprised and think hard trying to remembered.

My expression must have been weird because Gin is laughing wholeheartedly at me.

"Wait.. how did you know I came back?.." I quizzly look for an answer in his eyes.

He softly placed a kiss on my lips, "because I could hear you crying all the way in the village.." he stole a kiss this time, "and I could hear you walking in tears as you came my way.." another kiss stolen, "I found you when you are at your lowest.." he then cupped my cheeks and looked into my eyes, "I love you.. That's how I knew, you're coming back.. this time, i won't allow you to leave me." He teasedly embrace me with comfort, which made me flushed at his sudden confession.

He averted his eyes sheepishly, "don't tell me you don't feel the same way?.."

I couldn't hide my happiness as I smiled from ear to ear, and responded, "I love you, too, Gin!"

I wrapped my arms around him tighter. As he felt it, he embrace me back with more feelings.

He showered me with more sweet kisses, and I allowed myself be taken in by him as I smiled at the thought of us together from now on in the forest of fireflies.

Gin and I can be happily together now. Although it was a sad loss on the living, I pray for them to have the strengths to keep moving on living.