Chapter 1 - First Day Last Year

Hi! Well, this is my second teacher/student romance and I sincerely hope this one is better than the first because I wrote TTA years ago, at age 14, during the teacher/student craze here on Wattpad. Yikes. But I love this kind of love story. The mixture of forbidden and sexy and romantic is amazing, and I really hope you like what's in store. THANK YOU in advance for reading!

____________________________________

It was the first day of the last year of high school and the only thing that came to my mind was a quote from the copy of Romeo and Juliet I had been re-reading the night before: "these violent delights have violent ends".

I threw on the first thing I thought of to wear. It was a navy blue sweater, since it was cold outside and I had awoken with a slight shiver, along with a black skirt and matching tights. I chose the same brown leather shoes I had been wearing to school for the past three years, looking at them with a smile. They were almost like a relic, and they held a special place in my heart. Funny how I had become friends with a pair of shoes.

The brown leather book-bag that had nothing but a novel, some pens, and a notebook, was also like a relic. It had lasted my entire high school career and was even older than the shoes. If the textbooks this year were too heavy, I doubted the bag would last until June, and it made my heart squeeze with a newfound sense of nostalgia.

I finished myself off with a light dusting of makeup and a brushing of my hair. I threw the brown, wavy masses into a ponytail and donned my glasses, sturdily rimmed and black.

A sigh of contentment escaped my chest when I entered the kitchen and found it completely empty. My twin brother must have left earlier, or possibly stayed sleeping in, as he usually did on school mornings. How he made it on time was beyond me. My eldest brother would still be sleeping until he had to get up for work later in the morning.

As innately as breath came to a human, I prepared the coffee machine and put a fresh pot to brew, then slathered some strawberry jam on toast. I ate it as I waited for the coffee. The dark, aromatic liquid was poured into a metal travel mug. I started on my walk toward school with perfect sips in between each step.

I was happy to be there an entire half hour earlier than I was supposed to. I took the moments alone in the outdoor school pavilion to plug in my headphones and listen to music, to read the newspaper on my phone. A text message from my friend Phoenix lit up the screen, telling me she would arrive in five minutes and meet me wherever I was. She was here faster than she promised, and she came to where I sat with wide and brimming eyes.

Phoenix's eyes were usually brimming with some emotion. She had those in abundance, as I did, but unlike me she liked to show her feelings and to wear them proudly. I tended to hide them. They were too big and gentle for my taste.

Her light blonde hair was waved perfectly, framing her small face with its pretty and dainty features. Her eyes were a vivid blue and she was as tall as a kitten, making her the perfect blend of sweetness and liveliness that the boys went tongue-tied over.

"So," she began, sitting across from me on the table. "I have something important that I need to tell you about. I just found out, literally now. Some other students were talking about it on twitter and I know that you don't have one so here I am."

"Okay," I said, frowning when my next sip of coffee failed. I had already drunk it all. "Inform me, kind and aware woman."

"You remember that teacher you were obsessed with in sophomore year? Well, I wouldn't call it obsessed, but you definitely really liked him, Cece. Remember him?"

I laughed softly at her blubbering. "Yes, obviously. I remember him. He taught us English 2 that one year."

She nodded her head. "Yeah, him. The really hot one. Well, he's back at Bolder Heights this year."

My heart skipped a beat for one instant. "Oh..." I said slowly. "I see."

"On a good note, maybe you won't even see him much. If he's teaching the same subject you definitely won't be seeing him. It's if he's teaching AP English Literature that you're in trouble. But you got over that ages ago, right?"

"Ages." I confirmed.

"Good, let's go. This duo is ready to enter those halls and knock the boys breathless."

"You do that," I said, standing up and starting to walk alongside her to the worn-down school entrance. It made me nervous to have people watching us, but I was used to it with Phoenix around. It came with the package of being her best friend. "I'm wearing an old sweater and my hair's in a ponytail." I laughed at myself and wished I could sneak into the teacher's lounge we just passed for a refill.

"It's nerd chic." She chirped. "The glasses and the outfit. Really chic."

We kept walking. The hallways were filled with students that were catching up after the long summer, careless as to the fact that class would actually be starting soon. I myself had seen Phoenix so often throughout the break that we didn't even greet each other properly. We had found our homerooms through the online portal, and there we would be given our complete schedules. Luckily we were able to walk in the same direction, since homeroom was the only class Phoenix and I had together. It was a beginner's art class. Once inside we took two seats next to the other and chatted aimlessly as we waited the two minutes until class would officially begin.

"Did you hear? That yummy one that used to teach here, he's back. But I'm so bummed, I won't be having him."

My ears perked happily at the words coming from behind me through some girls' conversation. Phoenix listened attentively too.

"He won't be teaching regular English for seniors," she said sadly. "He'll be teaching a couple of junior English classes and AP English Literature. Wish I were a nerd right now."

Instantly I felt my heart drop, nerves and more nerves gathering in my chest for reasons I knew all too well.

"You okay?" Phoenix asked me, her face scrunched with concern.

"Of course," I wheezed awkwardly. "I'm A-okay."

"Mhm."

But the truth was that I was inwardly and outwardly freaking out. A sensation like shock, but not quite there, took a hold of my mind. The rest of the class passed by without me having heard a single word from our teacher's mouth.

The reality was that I did not know why I cared about a specific teacher's return, since all that had happened was a harmless, fruitless crush that I had endured from a distance. It was not at all a matter of heartbreak, but I was entirely inconvenienced by the idea that, once again, I might be blushing at a teacher for reasons he did not cause, and distracted during a class that I should very well be paying attention in.

I would let the nerves take hold of me now, and then I would just as well brush them off. My last period of the day would be as sweet as peaches if I could help it. Absolutely no blushing, stammering, or spacing out into my own imagination.

None.

________________

Thanks again! Lana Del Rey song in the video and a picture of what I imagine Cece like in my head ❤️ I'll post the second chapter tomorrow.