Chapter 41 - Be But Sworn My Love

A place had never been anything to me. Walls and rooms, sometimes bleak and other times comforting, but never had a place tied me to it so completely. We had settled into the cottage for our last evening here in the Cotswolds, and I didn't want the morning to come. The day could not have been any more perfect, but in the back of my mind I had yearned for the evening to arrive sooner, just so I could be sheltered by these stones walls that carried so much history and beauty. And yet they would have held only a fraction of their worth if they weren't the safe haven that Jamie and I shared.

Here we were free, in every way, to just be.

We drank red wine that evening, and he took me upstairs to our bedroom. I laid on our bed, freshly bathed and swathed in a thick, white robe as I waited for him to leave his bath. A novel lay in my hands, but I hadn't even pretended to open it.

My heart was beating profoundly in my chest, and my body was already alive with anticipation. He opened the door just a few minutes after, his bare torso glistening with a few stray drops of water. The lower half of his body was covered only by a white towel he had fastened around his hips. Tall, muscular, gloriously handsome, and all mine.

My mouth went dry. I quickly looked up at his face as the blush spread through me, and his answering smile only made me weaker.

"Hope I didn't make you wait too long," he said, climbing into the bed. "Did you get to read a couple of pages?"

"No, I was too distracted." I said honestly, smiling softly.

"By what exactly?" He asked, taking the book from my hand to set it on the nightstand beside him. The lamp that lay there was the only dim light we had chosen to leave on in the room.

"I don't know. My thoughts... about you."

"About me."

"Yes," I nodded, chewing nervously on my lip. He took his finger and brushed it over that lip, smoothing it gently.

"What do you want to do with me?" He asked, burning into my eyes.

"I-I don't even know. It's just that I want to be close to you again. Maybe you can let me... explore?"

He cursed softly under his breath. "You can do with me whatever you want."

I felt a sudden rush of excitement break through me, and it pushed me up to my knees where I could rise beside him. If I was honest, I just wanted to love every bit of him, and my lips moved first to his neck, suckling softly the way I knew he enjoyed, sweeping over the base of his throat. Then I brushed over his chest with my mouth, kissing his nipples and the soft patch of auburn hair that dusted his chest and downward. I followed the trail of hair until I was stopped by his towel, pressing my legs tightly together when I caught the look of his desire-torn eyes and tightly locked jaw. He sat up against the bed frame, watching me closely.

I placed my fingers on both ends of the towel, which could barely contain the length of his arousal, and pushed the towel to the side. He was completely bare for me, so close to my reach and so perfectly male. I reached my hands out to hold him, stroking softly over his most tender skin.

It was the most erotic feeling, watching his eyelids flutter with pleasure and open in need. I pressed my lips to him, then settled my mouth over him, and let myself go. This was just as powerful as giving him my body, if not more. I watched him as I made him feel even a semblance of what I felt last night with his mouth over the most tender parts of me. It wasn't difficult, I just made love to him with my tongue and lips and fingers. I was quite literally beside myself, made woman by the look of complete rapture in his face and the movements of his body that he couldn't control as he rose to meet my lips. His hand stroked over my hair sweetly as I made love to him.