Stone Cold's beers were non-alcoholic

Many fans still believe the beer guzzling Stone Cold Steve Austin was doing back in hey day was all a hoax

Many fans still believe the beer guzzling Stone Cold Steve Austin was doing back in hey day was all a hoax. After all, who could drink that many beers and still function correctly? Fans believe that Stone Cold was actually being thrown non-alcoholic beers for his post match celebrations.

On a recent episode of his podcast, Austin gave the bottom line on those rumors.

"We went through 115 beers that night [in Japan], and that was the most I ever went through. And a lot of people said 'hey man, was that real beer?' And I say yes, it was always real beer... except for the one time. We were in Montreal, I think it was Sunday, something like that. Whatever it was, or maybe it was against the rules of the building, but it was NA beer, non-alcohol. And so all of a sudden those pictures start making the rounds and people are thinking 'oh they're throwing this guy non-alcohol beer.' ... that was one time.

I can't tell you how many times I left the ring and I had a little bit of a buzz because of all the beers I was drinking. When you're shotgunning anywhere from six to 12 beers, and maybe you get half of 'em in. On an empty stomach, after you've wrestled, it goes to your head pretty quick."

So there you have that, lol