6

Brielle

It's been almost a month of Dallas and I going on dates. Everyday he's walked me to school in the morning, and it was the best part of my day. He won't admit it, but I think he's a morning person.

After school I'd either be at the Curtis house studying or hanging out with the gang, at the diner with Hamilton, or some random date with Dallas.

I almost got grounded last week cause I came home late one night, thirty minutes past curfew.

I quietly closed the door and quickly make it to my room. As I changed and started to brush my teeth, I heard a knock on my door.

My mother comes in and smiles at me. She's been busy with work the past few weeks, so I haven't seen her as much. "Honey, I know you just got home. You aren't that sneaky."

I mentally curse myself for being so stupid. I'll need to ask Dallas on some advice on how to sneak around. If he had a secret talent, that would be one of his.

"Sorry mom, I'll make sure it won't happen again." I come out from my bathroom and take a seat at my vanity to brush my hair. Mom sits on my bed behind me. "Were you with that boy?"

"Yes." I say, hoping she won't ask anything more about my day. I definitely didn't want to tell here I made out with Dallas. That's a tad awkward to tell your parents.

She straightens up and gives me a more serious look, but she still had gentle eyes. "Are you two ever going to be official?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I don't know how to really answer that, "I believe soon. Don't worry, I'll let you guys know when."

She stands up and kisses my head, "Okay then. Don't be coming in late though, or you will be grounded this time."

"Night mom."

Things have actually been going really well for us though. Russel has backed off too, which gave me much needed relief.

When the final bell rang I packed up all my stuff and bolted for the door. Once I jogged down the steps, I see Dallas there.

He's only picked me up from school once, so I was a little confused while he was here. "Hey doll, let's head to the diner tonight." I nod my head as we walk and he continues to talk, "I've been thinking about us. I mean we've been on a bunch of dates and people already think we are official. So how about we make it that?"

I stop at the crosswalk, and smile up at him. "Is the Dallas Winston asking me to be his girlfriend? Who knew he grew soft!"

Dallas rolls his eyes at me, causing me to giggle. Looking into them, I might have saw some hurt there. I knew I should answer now. "I'd love too."

-

-

I sat there sipping on my coke and twirled around my straw. Dallas was in the bathroom currently, so I just waited.

Still on a high from earlier, I was kinda in a daze. Not really knowing where I stood at all or how I was feeling. Just in a golden state of mind I guess.

A waitress approached me, but not the one who was severing is. Her face held no kindness, and she placed her hands down on the table. "Your the chick with Dallas Winston right?" I just respond with a head nod, I get a scoff in return. "Don't get used to it. Soon enough he'll toss you aside for the next girl. I don't even know why you are dating a greaser. You don't belong on this side of town, you're a soc. Better learn your place, sooner or later."

Then she leaves and goes into the back disappearing from my sight. Her words freaked me out, and as much as I didn't want to believe it, I felt it was somewhat true.

It's not like I could turn Dallas good. Danger and trouble is what he caused. I've been hearing stories from people in my class warning me about him. It's not like I wanted to believe that, but facts don't lie.

When Dallas came out of the bathroom he sat across from me. "You ready to go?"

I just nod my head and follow him out. As we start to walk, I know I should just go home. "Hey I should go. My parents have been mad at me for being out all the time. Maybe tonight I'll actually eat dinner with them."

He nods his head and we start to walk the other way to my house.

-

-

After a good nights rest, I shook off the bad feelings I had. Dallas was my boyfriend, and I liked being with him. Maybe he's had his fair share of illegal business, but that doesn't matter as long as he's betting better.

I wonder how long that will last.

Of course when I walked outside there was Dallas waiting for me. With me he was gentle and sweet, not a criminal. He's my Dallas.

-

-