15

Brielle

Leaning my head back against the wall, I took in a long shaky breath. It's been around an hour and I'm still trying to calm down from earlier.

I stopped crying a while ago, but I still feel like I'm shaking. Taking a shower and getting ready for bed, I did start to recover.

Sitting on my bayside window always helped too, opening it a crack to let in some fresh air. Hearing movement down below, I look out done below to see what could it be. That's when I say Dallas walking up and noticing he's holding a couple pebbles in his hand.

"Gonna start a fight with some pebbles boy?" I say poking my head out the window. I made sure not to be too loud, but my parents rooms were at the other end of the house, probably fast asleep.

He seems to be pretty surprised and jumps a little at my voice dripping the small rocks, "Some is a little sacred." I tease and he just laughs a little.

"I just wanted to check up on you since I kinda lost ya at the party. Sorry about that by the way, crappy boyfriend on my part." Never thought he'd ever say that, but it made me smile to myself.

I tell him I'm alright and that it was sweet if him to come and checkup. "Now git, its cold outside. If you get sick I won't be kissing you."

It only took him five seconds before he disappears from my sight into the darkness.

-

-

Leaning against the tree behind me I breath in some fresh air that causes me to fully relax. It's only been two days since seeing Royce, but I'm still a mess.

I haven't seen again yet, but knowing him, he'd show up sometime. He's the guy that always makes an appearance, and everyone will admire as he does so.

Royce didn't demand attention, he just simply received it. It's what first drew me to him.

Great now your thinking about him Bri! What the hell is wrong with me? Get it together, besides don't let a guy mess with you. Just breath, calm down, and move on.

Encouraging myself, I close my eyes and just relax. Taking this time under the tree, I start to back to reading my book. I actually really enjoyed it, Animal Farm, most kids in my class hated it, but I just couldn't help myself.

Really liking history, I was already feel a pull towards it. Call me a history nerd, but I can't help myself.

As I flip through my book, a shadow looms over me, blocking the sun from my view. Knowing exactly who it is, I decide to not look up, cause that's exactly what he wanted.

So after about thirty seconds I hear a him clearing his throat, making me smirk, still looking at my book, flipping the next page.

"Don't be desperate Dallas."

He then sits down next to me and he leans his head against the dark. Closing his eyes, I take this time to admire him. "What are you reading?" He asks still keeping his eyes shut. When I give him that answer, he hums to himself, "Can you read it to me?"

This surprised me, since Dallas doesn't seem like one to be interested in reading. He's mentioned how schools always bored him, but why not take this opportunity.

So we spent the rest of the late morning of Dallas just listening to me while I read. I couldn't have been happier in this moment. Times like this makes me think that there's a lot more to him than he lets on.

It makes me think a big, what if?

-

-

AN

Sorry for another short and sucky cheater, but I hope to write more. Get ready for some drama y'all!