12

Brielle

Nervous flow through the me making me grow anxious as the seconds fly bye. Dallas was supposed to be her at seven o'clock exactly, which means he had three minutes and thirty two seconds to get here.

He better be on time. He just better.

Knock!

It's him! Jumping up I scramble down the stairs and make sure to beat my parents before they could answer it. Opening the door, I admire Dallas in awe. I'd never thought he'd dress up for this.

He wore a white button down shirt with a black tie, and his hair didn't even look greasy as it usually does. For a second, he looked like a soc. I'd never tell him that though.

"Hey Dallas." I smile at him and let him enter the home. He kisses my cheek, "You look darling doll." His compliment made me blush, he always did.

My outfit was very simple, but nice. I wore a blue button down top, short sleeves, and a white skirt. My hair was curled down my back and I had barley any makeup on.

I walk him into the living room and I see my Dad arise from the couch. "Dad this is Dallas, my boyfriend. Dallas meet my Dad." Dallas stretches out his hand, which my Dad returns.

He actually gives me a pleasant smile, "Nice to meet you Dallas. You can call me Mr. Evans."

Dallas nods his head, "Of course sir, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. Thank you for letting me date your daughter." Wow, he's pulling out all the stops. Dang Dallas.

I could tell my Dad was impressed by his actions. I don't know if Mom told him who Dallas was, but I hope he gave Dallas a fair chance.

"Is he here?" I could hear my mom ask and she comes out of the kitchen to greet us. She gives Dallas a big smile, "It's so nice to finally meet the man that is with my little girl. I'm Mrs. Evans."

He shakes her hand too, "Pleasure is all mine Mrs. Evans. You have a lovely home, and the food already smells delicious from here." I knew right away with that compliment, my mom is already going to love him.

"Well it's all ready, let's eat!"

-

-

It stared out a little slow and just a tad awkward for everyone, but soon enough we all seemed to flow into a conversation. Dallas and my Dad got onto sports, and I knew that was a good move.

Russel wasn't too into sports, so my Dad never got that with him. Now he does with Dallas! My mom briefly asked out his family, but Dallas didn't say much. I knew he wouldn't.

"So how did you two meet again?" Mom asks with a cheery tone, and I shoot a worried look to Dal. He takes this one, "Being friends with Pony, we met. I guess we just connected, and the rest is history." Under the table, he holds my hand squeezing it, which I return.

I didn't have that many more worries after that, and it's nice to know I had Dallas there right beside me.

No worries with him.

-

-

AN

A little short, but this is kinda a short story in its own way. I hope you liked this and I can't wait to write more!