14

Brielle

Yet again we were at another party, but it wasn't a house party this time. It was out in a small park by the school where some students decided to throw a bonfire party.

Soda and Steve were off flirting with some other girls, Two-bit was off cracking jokes with some pals, and Johnny and Pony were still with us. Dallas went off and grabbed us some drinks so the boys and I decided to go and sit down at a table.

"Do you guys have any other friends?" I ask them. They've been looking around at everyone, but didn't seem to be looking for anyone certain. Johnny blushed and sinks his head into his arms crossed on the table.

Pony's ears decide to get red, "Of course." His voice gets a little high when he answers causing me to laugh. Dallas soon finds us and hands us our drinks.

"If you guys do, them why don't you go find them?" I ask while taking a sip from the solo cup of mine. Dallas nods his head to the crowd, "Yeah go find your people. I want to be with my gal anyways. Scram."

With that the two boys left and were soon converted by the crowd. As I hung out with Dallas I noticed most of the people hear were greasers.

After twenty minutes or so of Dallas and I talking we decided to go mingle with others. Except with all the people, and loud music, I lost Dallas in the crowd.

Throwing away my trash I try and find where the rest of the gang is. I only found Steve, but he was sucky face with some girl. Didn't feel the need to ruin that 'precious' moment.

After five minutes of this, the growing feeling of tiredness started to overcome me. "I should just go sit down." Mumbling to myself as I take a seat in a group of tables and benches.

Looking around the mass of teenagers, I was caught off guard by a voice. "Hey Elle."

My blood ran cold at that nickname, and I knew exactly who it was. Not even having to turn around, his voice was a dead give away. "Long time no see Royce."

He now goes to stand in front of me, and gives me that dashing smile. The smile that will forever be put in my brain.

"What are you doing back here? I thought you moved to Texas and to get away from here?" I ask while crossing my arms over myself since it was getting pretty chilly. Where's Dallas when you need him, I could just steel his jacket.

He shrugs his shoulder and shoves his hands into his pockets. "I spent the summer there, but didn't like it. Besides this is my real home."

"Cool." I say hoping he'd get my message and leave me be. I didn't hate him, but I don't think I want him back in my life. He's enough as it is.

Smirking at me, he leans in just a little closer, "Cool. That's all you have to say? I thought we could catch up, ya know? How about I walk you home?"

Even though I didn't really want to talk to him, I did want to go home. I was tired, cold, bored, and couldn't find Dallas anywhere. "Sure." Is all I say as I get off the table and start to walk away from the loud parties behind us.

"Want my jacket, you look pretty cold." He offers already taking off his jackets smiling at me. Thanking him, I cover myself with his large and nice smelling coat. He contains to speak, "So there's been this rumor being thrown around about you. I heard that you are dating Dallas Winston. That must mean you dumped that dick Russel."

I was quick to respond back to defend my ex. "Russel is not like that, so hush. Also yes it is true that I'm dating Dallas. Not like it matters to everyone in the whole town."

He looks directly into my eyes as we wait at a crosswalk, "It does to me."

"Huh?" Is all I matter to speak out being a little confused by his questioning right now. He sighs as we continue to walk down the streets, "First of all, you are dating a well known criminal, not the best. Second, I'm a little jealous since I've been wanting to ask you out for a while. Russel got in my way, then I had to move so I never got the chance. I had hope when moving back till I heard the news."

It wasn't a surprises to me about his feelings, and how he felt about me. Royce isn't one to hid his emotions, or act shy. He was bold, and daring.

Reaching my door, I turn to him. "I'm sorry to be like this, but it's too late. Dallas is my boyfriend and I like our relationship. Besides we have too much of a past, goodnight."

Closing the door behind me I run up into my room and close the door before I start to break into small tears.

I never thought he'd actually come back.

-

-

AN

Who do you think Royce is? Hmmmm. How will Dally and the gang react?