Pink Wig

Sam~

Colby came in the house soaked in water, he was wearing a dress that was clearly part of a woman's Halloween costume. In his hand, he held a soaked, poorly trimmed, pink wig.

"You finally got it off?" I ask as he runs his fingers through his dark brown hair.

He looks up from the floor, he must not have noticed I was in the room when he came in because he looked a little startled.

"Oh," He pauses, taking in my appearance, "Yeah Elton sprayed me with the hose as I put nail polish remover in my hair." he explains as he walks to the bathroom. He must be wanting to take a shower and put on some dry, real clothes.

After a few minutes, he walks out of the bathroom with his clothes from earlier on. He sits next to me on the couch and runs his fingers through his damp hair.

I lean my head on his shoulder and take in the scent of the body wash he used. The smell of lavender filled my nostrils. He kisses the top of my head, bringing a smile to my face.

"Are you ever going to tell Katrina about us?" Colby asks, breaking the comforting silence.

"I don't want to break her heart, she's more of a best friend than a girlfriend to me," he pauses to think, "but that may have something to do with the fact that I'm in love with you." I explain sheepishly.

I lean back on the couch to get more comfortable, Colby snuggles up to me so that his head is somewhat resting on my chest. I play with his soft brown hair.

"I haven't been able to do this for a while," I say with a smile as I run my fingers through his dark, silky locks.

"Yeah I'm so glad that stupid wigs off," he mutters quietly.

Colby sits up and wraps his arms around my waist. He places small kisses on my jawline trailing up to my ear.

"Colby what if someone walks in here?" I ask trying to get him to stop even though all I want is for him to keep going. After a few seconds and a few more kisses, Colby lets out a sigh of defeat and sits normally next to me, slightly slouching.

"Are you ever going to tell our roommates?" He asks with a slightly annoyed tone.

I feel a pang of regret in my heart but continue anyway. "Not before I end things with Kat," I respond.

Colby nods in response with a slightly sad look in his eyes. I sigh and give him a soft smile. "I'll call her," I say as his eyes light up with hope. I love him too much to see him sad and I love Kat too much to let her live like this.

I stand up and pull my phone out of my pocket. I scroll through the contacts until I come across the "K" section. I click call when I reach Kats number.

It rings once,

Twice,

Three times, is she going to even pick up?

It stops mid-ring and a cheerful voice makes its way over the speakers. "Hey, Sammy!" She says through the phone.

"Hey, Kat," theirs no use beating around the bush, "Look, we need to talk, can you come over?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah, of course, is everything okay?" She asks with a very concerned tone.

"Yeah everything's fine," I say quietly.