Hitman

By day Colby is just a normal guy. He wakes up every morning and goes to his job at the office. However, by night he's a cold blooded killer working for a small organization of hitmen on the deep web.

A name, a file, and a job. That is all an agent is given. They're expected to follow these instructions in order to maintain their reputation and job. Getting fired does not mean getting the pink slip, in this line of work.

Agent Brock, otherwise known as Colby, just finished up another hit. His job was requested by a lady who's daughter went missing a few months ago. She wanted the man who did it dead, but the authorities wouldnt listen when she told them she knew who it was that took her.

Agent Brock has always had a soft spot when it came to children so he quickly took the job. When he had finished that man was in peices and the children he kidnapped were safe.

Colby called the clean up crew as he left the house and entered his car, hanging up the burner phone and slipping it back into his pocket.

When Colby later arrived at the agencies head quarters he was called into one of the higher ups office. Colby knocked politely on the office door and waited until he heard his invitation to come in.

"You asked to see me?" He asked without even a trace of fear in his voice.

"I have another mission for you." The woman with auburn hair stated from behind the desk.

"How many operatives are on it?" He asked eyeing the manila folder in her hands.

"Just you." she says as she hands him the folder.

Colby opened it up to see a picture of a smiling blond haired male with blue eyes, Samuel Golbach. "I'll get right on it." He said as he tucked it under his arm.

"Dismissed." She says with a wave of her hand.

Colby leaves the room and sits at his desk with the folder in his hands. He opens it up once again and reads the information they have on him. It has a home address, his occupation and it explains that he lives alone with no immediate family. Colby once again gets into his car and drives to the address he was given to scope the place out before the hit. Assuming by the car in the parking lot the man is home.

Colby parks his car a good few blocks away before walking back to the house. He pulls our his set of bump keys and puts one in the door. Colby pulls his gun out and hits the key with the back of the gun allowing to door to unlock.

Colby puts the keys away and keeps two hands on his gun as he enters the house. He searches every room only to find them empty. The only thing that looks out of place is an envelope with the word, "Hitman" written on it. He slowly pulls open the white envelope and pulls out a small slip of paper. A simple three unsettelibg words written on it, "Tag you're it" the paper mocked him.

He crumples the paper up in anger realizing this isnt going to be your usual hit.

The next day Colby decides to check his bank records to see if he's taken any money out or used his debit card. When he checked he noticed that a few days prior he had taken money out of an ATM. However, only a few hours ago he booked a room at two differebt hotels using his debit card. This made him suspicious but it was his only lead.

Colby drove down to the first hotel the man went to and walked up to the front desk. "Has this man checked in here?" He asked as he held up the picture of Samuel.

The man behind the counter pulled out a white envelope and handed it to Colby. Colby opened the envelope to see another slip of paper that read "So close yet so far away" he shoved the envelope in his pocket and thanked the man. He decided to go to the next hotel that Samuel had checked into. When he got to the hotel he walked through the sliding glass doors and up to the front desk asking the man if Samuel had checked in or not. The man handed him another envelope. Colby assumed what was inside yet he opened it anyway. This time it was paper that said "Getting warmer" he threw this one away. When he turned to leave he saw two kids playing around on skateboards next to his car. One of the kids fell off the board and put something on the bottom of the bumper before getting up and skating away.