Just a Prank

Sam sat on the couch in a pink stylish sweatshirt, meant for girls, and blue skinny jeans. He didnt mind how feminine the outfit was, he thought it complimented his skin tone and hair color.

Colby enters the room just casually texting on his phone. He sits down next to Sam before finishing his text to Elton and pocketing the phone.

The two men sit there in silence for a moment before Colby speaks up. "You look hot in pink." This simple sentence catches Sams attention.

"Wh-what?" Sam stutters out questioningly as he looks towards his best friend. Sam was clearly taken by surprise.

"Its a good color on you." He says with a nervous shrug, slightly looking away.

"Are you joking?" He says as he glances around the room with slight panic. "Where are the cameras?" He asks full of worry from the recent stream of never ending pranks.

"There's no cameras, this isn't a prank." Colby states very mater of factly. Colby scoots closer to the innocent blond male next to him wondering if he should go through with it.

"So, you mean it?" Sam says slowly.

Colby nods his head with a hint of sorrow and love in his eyes. "You look cute in everything." Colby states.

Sam moves closer to Colby once again acting like an awkward teenager. He rubs his arm nervously before looking Colby in the eyes. Sam leans into the darker haired male with his eyes closed. Their faces only inches apart.

Colby panics and before their lips can connect he gets up from the couch. "I'll be right back." He says quickly before speed walking out of the room.

Sam is left alone embarrassed and confused. Colby walks to the kitchen where Elton has been hiding and listening to the two men's scene unravel.

"Elton, I cant do this." He half whisper, half shouts to the older male, trying to keep his voice down.

"Why? Its just a prank, he will understand." Elton trys to quietly reason.

"No Elton, this is messed up," He whisper shouts once more as he gestures to the sitting room, "Sam clearly has feelings for me." He argues.

By this point Sam had gotten up from the couch and peeked around the corner of the kitchen, listening to the conversation in tears.

Elton sighs and rubs his face with one hand. "Yeah, okay."

"What do I say to him? Hes going to hate me," Colby's voice gets only a little louder.

"I'm sorry, I dont know." Elton says with another sigh. "It was stupid."

"Its okay, I guess I understand" Sam speaks up as he steps into the room. He rubs underneath his eyes with his wrist and sniffles.

"Sam, I-" Colby begins but gets cut off by Sam.

"No its okay." Sam says as he turns around. Sams heart breaks into a thousand peices as he walks up the stairs to his room.

Tears threaten to spill out of Colby's eyes as he watches his best friend leave.

Colby had suppressed strong feelings for Sam, he didn't think it was okay for him to feel that way. He hid the feelings behind a wall in his mind, but suddenly that wall came crashing down.

"It's okay." Elton says as he places a hand on Colbys shoulder.

Colby hits Eltons hand away as a waterfall of tears stream down his face. "No its not Elton, I dont know why I agreed to do this stupid prank in the first place." Colby shouts hysterically.

Colby leaves the room in tears as he walks up the stair case. Colby goes to his room that is across the hall from Sam's room. He can hear Sam's sobs through the door causing his heart to break. He turns to look at Sams door longingly.

Colby lightly knocks on Sam's door. "Go away." He yells between sobs.

"Sam, I'm sorry." Colby shouts through the door. "I never meant to hurt you." Shortly after that statement Sam goes silent.

"I was scared of my own feelings, scared of my feelings for you." He continues. "My whole life I've been told that its not normal and that its not okay." He pauses to wipe away his tears. "I've pushed away my feelings for you so much that it felt like they didnt even exist, but after seeing you like that I realized that I dont ever want to lose you, I love you." Colby finishes in tears.

Everything falls silent before the door to Sam's room slowly opens. "Do you mean it?" He asks, "is this just part of the cruel, sick prank you pulled?" He asks.

Colby shakes his head honestly. Sam cautiously hugs the younger male. Colby hugs him back tightly as they both silently cry.

They pull away at the same time and look into each others eyes. "I love you too." Sam says as he leans in again. This time Sam's lips meet Colby's warm lips, not the cold empty air.