Brolby is dead

Sam's POV ~

Colby and Brennan just officially announced to the house that they are together. Everyone thought it was a prank but after a few minuets of their denial and a few kisses we realized they were seriously together. As he told us my heart chipped away making me want to curl up into my self and never come out of it. However, I just sat their calmly with a somewhat emotionless face. Colby looked a bit nervous when he noticed so I flashed him a fake smile.

Eventually everyone continues on as normal except me. I walk up stairs to my room and shut the door. Then I lock it for extra measure. I slide down the door until I'm sitting with my knees pulled into my chest. I softly cry as I wish I was the one up there holding his hand as he spoke to everyone. Not Brennan, never Brennan. Brennan doesn't deserve Colby like I do.

Anger boils inside of me as I stand up. I pull off a small polaroid of Colby, Brennan and I off the wall. I pick up a pair of scissors and carefully cut Brennan off the side of the picture as warm tears roll down my cheeks. The cut out of Brennan floats through the air and carefully lands face up on the ground.

I take moment to stare at the now Brennan-less photo as a slight smile makes its way onto my face. It soon disappears as I hear a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I ask in a shaky voice.

"Its Brennan, I think we should talk." He replies through the door in a serious tone.

Anger boils inside of me once again as I hear his name. "What do you want?" I asks in an angry tone.

"Can you just let me in so we can talk?" He says in a stern tone.

I put the small, now cut up photo back on the wall as I unlock the door and open it. "What?" I spit back at him.

"Look, I know you have feelings for Colby." He states as he looks me in the eyes.

"I love him." I say through gritted teeth.

"Now that's an exaggeration." he scoffs at me.

"No its not." I say, narrowing my eyes.

"Mhm, sure, okay." He says as I tighten my grip on the scissors in my right hand. "Look, I need you to back off, I got to him first."

"Oh yeah?" I ask as I take a step closer to him.

"He's my boyfriend." He replies as he puts emphasis on the word "my".

I take another step as the anger reaches its highest point. "Not for long!" I shout as I drive the scissors into his stomach and twist them as he chokes on his own blood screaming and falls to the floor. I pull the scissors out and look at the blood coating the metalic surface

The realization of what I just did hits me way to late. I drop my scissors as I back up against my bedroom wall looking at my shaking hands as tears start to pour out of my eyes. What have I done?

Everyone, including Colby, run up the stairs to see what the cause of the scream was. They all stop dead in their tracks and take in the scene that just unfolded. Brennan is still alive, coughing up blood in agonizing pain. Tears start to well up in Colby's eyes as he runs to his dying boyfriend.

"Its going to be okay," he repeats as he pulls his phone from his pocket and dials 911.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I repeat as I sob.

Elton and Corey come out of their state of shock and both run into the room to pin me down. I do not fight back, I accept what's coming my way only hoping that my life will be over soon. I look up to see Colby look over to me looking completely broken.

"How could you do this?" He asks. He's scared of me, mad at me, he wishes I was dead just as much as I do.

I close my eyes as tears roll down my cheeks. I don't want to see him like this, it hurts me. I'll never be with him, he's going to hate me for the rest of his life, he will never forgive me.

Sirens scream outside my window as the front door gets broken down and police make their way up the stairs. Brennan gets wheeled away in a gurney and the police handcuff me and force me off the floor. They forcefully push me to the front yard and into a police car as he recites my Miranda rights.

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. If you cannot afford an attorney one will be provided to you by the state." He says as he slams the door shut in my face.

I sit their silently wishing it never happened, wishing I could just be with Colby, wishing I could have died before Colby saw what I did. Warm tears roll down my cheeks. What have I done?