Chapter 3

A/N: Ok, quick disclaimer. This is not going to be accurate at all. I have no idea what BigHit Studios looks like on the outside, or what trainees have to do before or during or even after their auditions. This is how I picture it so if you by chance have auditioned or just know a lot more than I do about it, please don't crucify me. On with the chapter.

Y/N POV:

I was awoken by the alarm on my phone. Wondering why I set an alarm during the summer holidays, I reached over, pressed the snooze button and turned around. When I had gotten settled again, I heard rustling next to my bed. Immediately I sat up, and saw Jenny gathering her clothes from her bag.

Everything came rushing back into my head. The audition, BigHit, and the sickening fear I felt in my stomach whenever I thought about what awaited me today. Either an acceptance, and then I'd have to work my ass off trying to be accepted into the idol world, or a rejection, which would mean having to go back to my family and friends in embarrassment. I wasn't sure which I preferred.

"You having second thoughts?" Jenny asked, looking at me. My throat had closed up from lack of water while I was asleep so I couldn't really speak. Instead I just shook my head slowly and clumsily got out of bed. 

"Well you better hurry up, we're going to be late and that wouldn't make a good first impression, would it?" Came my mum's voice as she hurried out of the bathroom, fully clothed and ready. I peered at the clock. 7:34 AM. The audition was at half eight. If we were to make it on time we'd have to leave in 10 minutes. Still half asleep, I grabbed my clothes out of my bag and made my way into the bathroom. 

After I had brushed my teeth and hair (not with the same brush of course), and gotten changed I walked out. Jenny stood in front of the mirror with a different outfit on and my mum was no where to be seen. I asked Jenny where she had gone.

"She's getting us breakfast, we're eating on the way. She left so I decided to just get changed in here." She replied, combing her hair back. Stuffing my pyjamas back into my bag and then putting my shoes on, I started to wonder. What if I forgot my lines? What if I forgot the dance, or I fell? What then? Pushing those thoughts out of my mind, I stood up and followed Jenny, who was walking out the door. Apparently we were meeting my mum downstairs. I locked the door behind us and jogged to catch up with Jenny, who had carried on walking down to the elevator.

I checked my phone for the time. 7:42. Plenty of time. Hopefully. 

My mum was waiting for us at the door with a bag of something that looked promisingly like food. I was starving. And my throat still hurt. Knowing I would probably feel like that, my mum handed me a bottle of water and told me that we could eat when we were in the car. We all climbed into the 4 by 4 my mum had rented for the trip, and we set off. Me and Jenny, both sat in the backseats, began to pull food out of the bag. At the bottom was mint chewing gum. My mum knew us so well. She knew that after we ate before a big event, we were always self conscious about our breath, so she packed the chewing gum. 

Half an hour later we were at BigHit Studios. It wasn't what I was expecting. I was anticipating something more. Something bigger. But I didn't want to judge it from the outside, the inside was probably amazing. Seeing that building made me regret everything. I shouldn't have signed up for this, I thought. It's all Sam's fault. Making that joke and putting the idea into Holly and Jenny's minds. But I quickly realised that I was being stupid. If I got in, great. If I didn't, oh well, I still have other options. Confidently, I got out of the car, chewing gum still in my mouth. I quickly spat it out into a bin as it was slowly losing it's flavour and comforted Jenny, who looked extremely nervous. I don't think my attempted comforting did much.