Chapter 13

*Time skip 2 months*

Y/N POV:

"Ok, 5...6...7...8" 

The music blared throughout the room. Happy upbeat songs. Our songs. The five of us dancing along to our choreography, getting a few moves wrong, but it was a definite improvement. We were nearly ready to debut. The process was exhausting and seemed to take years, even though it had only been two months. We knew, however, that in the end it would be worth it.

Me and J-Hope had started talking again. Sometimes, he would come watch us practise (we used BTS' practise room when they were not in there), and would help us with our techniques. It really made a lot of difference. Jenny got in touch with Holly and Sam, filling them in on everything. They couldn't be more ecstatic. 

The announcment of our upcoming debut had already been done, and we were quickly gaining popularity. I was determined not to let them down. We were going to be good. Better than good. We had recieved no word on the transferring agencies deal yet. I took that as a sign we were staying, and I was extremely glad. I didn't want to leave. Our debut song would be called 'Control'. The managers were planning a huge concept for our songs and videos, and surprisingly, they wouldn't even tell us what it was. Apparently we had to figure it out as well as the fans when they finally heard the song. 

Jenny had already been given the titles of leader, dancer and vocalist. Katie Abbot would be the rapper and main dancer, Kim Minji would be the visual and vocals, and Lee Yujin the main rapper. As for me, I was the main vocals and dancer. I was very honoured the be given this role, and I was sure I wouldn't let the others down trying to maintain it. 

Tae and Jenny seemed to still have a healthy friendship, which I was glad for. They didn't seem to be letting this crush get in the way. However, I knew that Tae was still upset. I understood. J-Hope probably didn't really like me after all this time as well. Jenny also seemed a lot less hyper than usual. That may have also been because she was focusing on being more mautre so she could carry the Leader title. In my opinion, she would never be fully mature, and that was a good thing. Perhaps once we debuted, she would be less uptight. 

J-Hope POV:

"She'll find out soon, I guess. Why do we always have to find out things before them?" Tae wondered out loud. I completely agreed with him. It wasn't fair. Once again, we would be expected to not tell them. At least we'd only have to wait a few weeks this time. 

Y/N's debut was coming up. I was excited for her, but also really nervous. I knew she was going to be amazing, but I was worried they maybe wouldn't see her for how amazing she was. 

Her group was going to be named D:Fi, pronounced Defy. I liked it. I thought it was a cute name. The big news that Tae was talking about was something that I knew was likely to happen. D:Fi was being transferred to JYP entertainment. Obviously, I was devastated, but I knew that maybe it was for the best. They'd have a better chance there. It was a bigger company, after all.

Jenny POV:

*Time skip one month*

"Hey Jenny, Manager wants to see us now." Lee told me as I took a drink of my water. I had been practising my vocals for the ever-nearing debut. I nodded my head and followed her out to the office, where she knocked on the door and awaited an invitation.

Once it arrived, we stepped in, seeing that Y/N, Kim and Katie were already sat inside. 

"Hi girls, come on in. I have some sad news. Unfortunately, we have deciced that it would perhaps be more beneficial for your group if you were transferred to JYP Entertainment." Manager said. All of our faces fell. We didn't want to leave BigHit, but we knew in the long run that if it meant we could debut and have a chance, then we would leave. And apparently, that is what it had come to now. We all solemly nodded our heads as manager continued to talk, telling us all the details. Our debut was set exactly 3 weeks from now, and he assured us that we would be ready. I wasn't so sure.

Y/N POV:

So there it was. We were being transferred. I would have to leave J-Hope. I had grown close to him, just to be torn apart once more. I was devastated, but I knew I had to pretend I was fine, so that the girls wouldn't worry or have second thoughts. We worked for this, and they at least deserved a chance.

Once manager stopped talking and we had exited the office, I left. I headed straight for BTS' dorm and knocked on the door. Jimin answered.

"Heyyyy Y/N. What's a pretty girl like you doing here?" He teased. He did this often, but I wasn't in the mood today. I spoke harshly to him, something I would soon regret.

"Saying goodbye, Jimin. We're getting transfered." His cheeky smile was wiped off his face and replaced with a surprised and disappointed expression. I instantly felt really bad as he turned and shouted for J-Hope, who came running towards the door, engulfing me in a hug as soon as he saw me. 

When I pulled away, Jimin was gone and J-Hope's eyes were watery. I looked down. If he started crying, so would I, and that would be a mess. I had to be strong. Taking a deep breath, I was about to look up before I felt a finger under my chin, gently lifting my head up to look at him. And then...

J-Hope's lips... on mine. He kissed me. I stood there, shocked for a moment, before realising: I should probably do something. I couldn't bring myself to push him away, so I just enjoyed it. This would be the last time I saw him. At least for a while. At this realisation, a tear slid down my cheek, and J-Hope pulled away, looking at me with sad eyes. He wiped the tear from my face, one falling down his, and hugged me once more. 

J-Hope. The first person I truly loved. The person I was saying goodbye to, possibly for forever. It hurt. A lot. But it had to be done.

When I pulled away, I recieved a text.

Jenny: We're in the car outside. Hurry.

 J-Hope looked at me and understood. He planted another small kiss on my lips before saying goodbye. I smiled slightly, waved, and walked out. When I reached the exit of BigHit studios, I got in the car without a word, and we drove off. I stared out the window at the place I had spent the past year in, and more tears fell down my face. But J-Hope wasn't here anymore to comfort me and make me feel better. And he wouldn't be ever again.

A/N: Hey guys. Sorry if this chapter is worse than usual, I'm just not feeling it anymore. I don't get that excited about this fanfiction anymore, and updating it is starting to become a chore. The next chapter will be the end. I hope you've enjoyed this so far.

~A