Chapter 12

A/N: Okay before I start, 377 READS? Thank you guys so much! Considering my awful updating patterns and the poor quality of what I'm writing, I'm so surprised and so happy. I hope you guys are enjoying this story. Without further ado, here is chapter 12 of The Trainee:

Y/N POV:

"Y/N... I'm so sorry"

I pushed him away slightly. I wanted to be able to see him while we discussed what happened, instead of hugging, but apparently my actions were taken the wrong way as I looked at his face and saw the slight hurt expression.

"Why, J-Hope? Why have you been ignoring me? For 6 months. What did I do wrong?" I asked, quickly getting more and more upset. I didn't realise how much I'd missed him until he was actually in front of me and talking.

"No, no, no. You did NOTHING wrong! Believe me! You see, I knew you were going to become an idol. I was told that you most likely would in about half a year. I almost told you so many times. I didn't want to ruin it for you so I distanced myself. I'm so sorry Y/N..."

"You had to distance yourself? Ok I understand DISTANCING yourself but that is not what you did. You completely closed yourself off from me! But no matter. Seeing as I am such a forgiving person," Jenny chuckled behind me, and I turned around, told her to shhh and then faced J-Hope again, "I forgive you. Let's move on."

Me and Jenny were about to walk on, but J-Hope grabbed my arm and turned me to face him. But not before I saw Taehyung run up and take Jenny away.

"Umm... that's the thing Y/N... after you become an idol, or maybe even before, there's a good chance you guys will be transferred to another company. We won't be able to talk if that happens. I don't want it to but sadly that's what happens. I'm sor..."

"Jung Hoesok don't even think about apologising again!" I interrupted. This would be a pretty big obstacle for our... friendship (yeah I still liked him after 6 months, don't judge me!) but we would get through it. We'd text and call and make sure not to lose touch. It couldn't be that hard, right?

Taehyung POV:

"Jennyyyyyy!! You found out right? I'm so happy for you, yay!" I was so genuinely excited for her I was jumping around and hugging her while she just stood there laughing. Once upon a time this would probably have shocked her. Glad to know she's gotten used to me.

"Tae, calm down! Yes I found out and believe me, I'm happy as heck. This is so EXCITING! We'll BOTH get to be idols." I could see that she was ecstatic. Her eyes were sparkling and her smile was huge. She looked so beautiful whenever she was this happy. Actually, she looked beautiful all the time, but especially now. I had to tell her. The time was now.

"Hey, Jen? Um I have something to tell you. It's pretty serious so I need you to pay attention and just don't laugh at me." She frowned and didn't say anything. Here goes. "Ok so... ilikeyou"

"Ok, dude, you're gunna have to say that a little slower. I haven't got super hearing" She chuckled. I said it slower.

"I... like you. For a while now but I didn't know how to say it. Figured this would be a good time?" The last sentence came out more as a question than as a statement. Now she was shocked.

Jenny POV:

What.
The.
Hell.

Taehyung, BTS Taehyung, the Taehyung who's perfect and could have ANYONE he wanted, likes me! What?!

I didn't know what I was feeling. I was so happy yet so... I don't know, guilty?

"Oh, Tae..."

"You don't have to say anything. I know. I just thought that I should tell you. Considering you're becoming an idol and all, and we won't be able to talk much. I guess you got that?" He said. He seemed so disappointed.

"Yeah, I'm not stupid unlike Y/N. She's probably over there with Hoseok trying to assure him they'll stay in touch." I said, trying to lighten the mood. "But Tae, if you liked me why didn't you tell me before?"

"Scared, I guess... Anyways, I have to go. Dance practise. Talk to you later" He rushed off, dragging Hoseok with him. Y/N rushed over to me, acting really happy, then stopping when she saw my face.

"Jenny? What's wrong?" She questioned. I didn't say anything, just hugged her. I felt terrible. A few months ago he would've had a real chance. But my feelings for him had started becoming non existent. He was just a friend. A good friend. But I didn't like him like that anymore.

After I didn't answer, Y/N didn't question it anymore, which I was very grateful for. She just hugged me back and led me to the dormitory, where she made me some hot chocolate and then left to go somewhere, leaving me with my thoughts. But that was alright. I kinda wanted to be alone at this moment. I texted Tae.

Jenny: Hey Tae... I'm really sorry. Still friends?

However I received no reply. I was devastated. I finished the hot chocolate and fell straight to sleep.

Y/N POV:

I knocked on the door when I arrived at the studio. It opened immediately, revealing J-Hope.

"Hey, do you know where Taehyung is?" I asked. He opened the door a bit more to show him practising. I walked through the gap into the studio and turned off the music. He turned to look at me.

"Why's Jenny upset?" I questioned bluntly.

"None of your business." He said, facing the mirror. I walked up to him.

"Why. Is. Jenny. Upset? What did you say to her?" Out of the corner of my eye I saw the other members slowly creeping out the door, trying not to be caught in this awkward situation.

"I just... told her I liked her. Big deal. None of your business. Jeez, women are so protective of their friends." He mumbled.

"YOU WHAT? Then why is she upset? And hey, I'm not 'protective' I'm just... helpful."

"No you're kinda protective." I heard Suga mumble before walking out. Taehyung shrugged and turned the music back on. He wasn't his usual cheery self and I felt awful for him, and for being such an idiot, so I just left. I was so confused. I though Jenny liked him? Ah well, they'd get through it. The bigger situation was that me and Jenny and the other girls were going to DEBUT! We HAD to be ready. We had to have a positive mind, with no thoughts distracting us. It was going to be difficult but it'd be worth it eventually. Maybe we wouldn't even have to be transferred.... hopefully. I didn't want to leave J-Hope. After all this time I can't believe I still liked him. But when I saw him today, the familiar butterfly feeling came back and I was sure: I'd fallen for Jung Hoseok once again.

A/N: Thanks for reading and once again thank you so much for 377 reads. I came online to go read some Harry Potter fanfictions (one is coming soon don't worry[trying to decide between writing a riverdale one and writing a Harry Potter one]) and I thought I'd check to see how we were doing but I didn't expect that. Especially not for this crap! Sad to say, but this book will most likely be coming to a close soon but I'll try to drag it out for you guys. See ya next chapter!
~A