Chapter 9

Y/N POV:

A month had passed since J-Hope taught me the end of FIRE. The training schedule was pretty tight, so we didn't get much time to talk in person, but we texted frequently. Nothing important, just talking about our lives before we came to BigHit. We were pretty good friends now, and I was sort-of friends with the others. Jenny was pretty close to V, who had stopped talking to me as much as we didn't see each other as often in person, and I didn't have his number.

Looking at my phone, I saw that it was 3:00 AM. I quickly gathered my things and made my way out of the practise room and back to the dorm. On the way I got a text.

JH: Hey are you awake?

I smiled and replied.

Y/N: Yeah I'm just walking back to the dorm now. What's up?

JH: Nothing I'm just bored, I can't sleep. Why aren't you already in bed? You're going to be tired tomorrow.

Y/N: I needed to practise. If I ever want to debut, I have to be dedicated.

JH: About that... never mind.

Y/N: What? 

JH: Nothing.

Y/N: J-Hoooooppppeee tell me please?

JH: It's nothing, seriously. You'll find out soon anyways.

Y/N: Hobiiiii~

JH: Go to sleep Y/N. Talk to you tomorrow?

Y/N: If I'm not still annoyed that you won't tell me, sure. No promises. 

JH: Good night~

I sighed and turned off my phone. I had reached my room and quietly entered, trying not to wake Jenny. However, when I had shut the door and turned around, I realised she was still awake. Texting.

"Who ya texting?" I asked, picking up my pyjamas and walking towards the bathroom.

"Oh, just V. He's pretty funny you know." She replied without looking up. I turned around and cleared my throat to get her attention. When she looked up I winked at her, and then walked into the bathroom and got changed.

"Don't be winking at me. I know you talk to J-Hope all through the night when you get home. You probably just finished texting him, didn't you?" I could hear the smirk in her voice. 

"No! And don't try to turn this on me." I blurted out. Then I shook my head at my own stupidness. She had probably been joking, but my quick answer made it obvious. I didn't know what was going on in her head. We were just friends. Good friends.

Although... he was so funny, even just over text. And when we actually met up in the practise room we had some fun times. NOT LIKE THAT! We practised the dances I was learning together and he helped me fix my techniques. He really was a great dancer. I would never be on that level. And he was so good looking. Honestly, how can someone like that even be real? He always refused to do aegyo around me, but little did he know that I had already seen it. One time I was walking with Jenny and I saw him have an aegyo contest with Jimin. It was honestly the cutest thing I had ever seen...

NO! What was I thinking? He's a friend... Just a friend. That's all he'll ever be. 

I quickly walked out of the bathroom and got into bed, saying goodnight to Jenny and turning over. 

J-Hope's POV:

"J-Hope? Are you busy?" Someone shouted from the other side of the door.