#13 Part 2/3

2/23/19: ya'll this fic was made years back so it's pretty awful, apologizes for errors and such.

_________________
Naruto was not alright with this world. In fact, she hated it. That voice told her to enjoy it? Lies, how could she enjoy this? So much death and killing, there was barely a time she wasn't on guard. Though.. When Iruka (Not her Iruka, not her sweet Iruka.) Threw her onto the boat, the blond had met this Sasuke and Sakura. Only this time, Sakura seemed to.. Know her. Somehow. It wasn't anything big to Naruto, maybe they had known each other in this world. Like the few others Naruto had been to. There was a clear chance that it might be what she'd thought. (Deep down that pinch of hope,  became something bigger. Something more. )

Naruto was so doubtful, but she didn't care at the time on what was going to happen. (Liar, something whispered, you hope that she'll be like you. You hope you won't be alone.) So she tried calling out something, because then maybe this Sakura would say something towards it. A sign of recognition maybe, maybe a memory would be triggered. Naruto had already thought that this worlds Sasuke knew nothing. As the dark, haunted look on his face sorta proved her point.

So Naruto had look Sakura straight in the eye (Looking her in the eyes won't make it easier if you're let down, the voice laughed, so much hope.) and hoped that the hope that was buried down below wouldn't show. "Sometimes I wonder if an orange mask will come flying at me."

It has been a thing the team used to joke about, Sakura once joked about Obito coming at them in orange mask and all. Their sensei, Kakashi, then slowly added in on how he might throw his orange mask at them. At the time it hadn't meant much, but at a time like this Naruto had come to think it was a very good code of a sort. Nobody would think of something like this.

Of corse when Naruto said this, Sasuke blankly stared at her. Who wouldn't? It's a random statement that is said at a bad time. People are getting eaten, Titans are basically everywhere, screams and cracking filled the air. It was very odd.