Chapter VIII

I stepped into the shower and closed the curtain behind me.

Grabbing a clean washcloth, I poured out the body wash onto it and lathered it against my skin.

"Strawberries. Hm."

I washed and conditioned my hair and got out.

I used Marinette's pink blow dryer to dry my hair and add some volume to the top.

I plugged in my straightener and applied my makeup waiting for it to heat; once it heated I straightened my (h/l) (h/c) hair, and looked in the mirror nodding in approval.

After finishing everything I needed to do I walked back to Marinette's room finding her still fast asleep in her bed.

"(Y/n), dear, would you wake up that lazy daughter of mine?"

Aunt Sabine's tone was playful and I couldn't help but laugh myself.

"Mari, wake up! We're going to be late!"

I picked Marinette up off her bed and stood her up on the floor.

"Alright, alright I'm up."

I let go of her and went over to my suit case picking out what I should wear.

"Mari? Would you help me pick out an outfit?"

Marinette yawned and nodded, walking over to me looking at my options.

"Here, wear this. I have to go get ready so I will meet you down stairs in a few minutes when I'm done."

I put on the outfit Marinette had picked out and walked over to a mirror gazing at my reflection.

(Authors note: my vision of the character has more of an androgynous style, but you may choose whatever you want to be dressed like. This is just how I imagined it in my state of mind how the outfit would look.)

Admiring my completed look in the mirror I walked downstairs and gathered everything I needed for school and put it in my side carry bag

A slight ding came from my pocket, I pulled out my phone and checked my text messages.

Momma: Vincent is waiting outside for you, have a great first day. Love you.

Me: Love you too.

I got another text from that one girl, Chloè I had met the other day.

Chloè: Hey (Y/n)kins, I can't wait for you to come. You are coming right? Ha. Who am I kidding, of course you are. I'm waiting.

"I don't know how to respond to this."

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked at the time on my watch.

"Marinette! You coming?"

I yelled up the stairs hearing frantic movements.

"You go on ahead of me, I will meet you there!"

I chuckled at how shaky and rushed her voice sounded.

"Alright, Mari, see you at school."

Still laughing I walked outside and stepped in the limousine that waited for me.