4

Revised Version

«Rewind«

September 1, 2020; 10:30 am

Jeongguk's P.O.V.

"Hello! I'm Jeon Jeongguk, please take care of me!" I chirp as a smile spread across my face before bowing down my head to show respect, straightening back up afterwards.

Smiling, mister Chan stated, "Okay mister Jeon, you can take the empty seat beside miss Lee," The elder speaks, gesturing for the unoccupied area that is just beside a girl who's head is lowered down.

My heart jumps inside my chest as I realize that the professor just said the word Lee, but I hurriedly tell myself not to jump into conclusions since she isn't the only girl who have that surname, but then as soon as my eyes caught a glimpse of the moon necklace that is dangling on her neck, I can't help but to gulp the imaginary lump that formed in my throat.

Hana... I thought I start to take small, but quick steps towards the direction where the professor just assigned me to. Each step that I take, I feel a large weight landed on top of my shoulders as my heart pounded faster.

Of course, I just have to sit beside her.

My heart thumps, was it because I'm nervous, excited, afraid, or happy? There are mix emotions filling up chest, but just by reminiscing the things that I did years ago started to hunt me down, it's probably the nervousness that's taking over, or most probably, guilt.

The girl slowly rises up her head, revealing her face which is composed by her perfectly defined features as she stared back at me. Her eyes, filled with confusion and fear. Gathering up the courage that I have inside me, I manage to smile at her, sadly she turn her head away and just starts to fumble on her fingers as I eventually reach her side and settled down.

I feel her shift as she manages to distanced a little away from me since our shoulders are almost touching, making my heart sink into the deepest part of it even though I know I have no rights to feel this way because it's also partially my fault why they almost died in that place.

"Sir?" Hana calls, catching the attention of professor who is currently in the middle of his lecture. "What is it miss Lee?"

"M-may I go out? I feel like throwing up," The said girl informs as she stammers, and I can only frown as I watch her every move. Hana please calm your heart, your shaking, I thought, noticing the obvious shaking of her hands.

Once mister Chan nodded his head, Hana didn't even waste a second to stand and quickly exited the room as if she's being chased by a bull.

As soon as her figure disappear from my sight, I can only sigh under my breath, You don't have the rights to feel this way, Jeongguk, I thought as I already know the reason behind her small attempts to stay away from me.

My hands form into a fist, the pain in my chest caused by the guilt worsens as her confused and scared look appeared in my head as if mocking me, "Keep it together, Jeongguk, remember why you're here again," I mutter before heaving out a heavy sigh.

But the more I tried to distract myself, the picture of Hana's scared and confused eyes started to replay inside my mind when she look back at mine. And I can only blame myself when I started to remember the things what I have done to the three of them years ago.

I'm so sorry, Hana...

Hana's P.O.V.

Walking fast as I could, I didn't bother to wipe the sweat that are now forming on my forehead. I continue to walk as my feet eventually get tired and my pace slowly died down as I tried to catch my breath, my heart going crazy inside my chest that my whole body shakes everytime it beats.

I lean against the wall, my mind is in a complete mess as I try to process what just happened, how can someone rise up the dead? I question myself as all of these things doesn't even make any single sense, however, what happened three years ago didn't even make a sense to begin with.

At this point, if that man who just transferred in our class is the same Jeongguk who we encountered in the past, I shouldn't be questioning it, but I couldn't help myself but to wonder.

How will Yoongi react to this?

I shook my head, I just head towards the rest room. A cold splash in my face will hopefully clear my head.

I stepped a foot inside and then walking towards the sink before opening the faucet, I cup my hands underneath the running water and splashing some of it on my face, "Okay, Hana, calm your ass first," I uttered while looking at my own reflection.

"If it is really the same Jeongguk... what is the reason? How did he came back alive? And why did he came back?" muttering under my breath, I run my cold and wet hand over my face before sighing.

Just, what the hell is happening? And as soon as I thought of those words, the lights started to flicker. On and off it goes, making my eyes hurt while the atmosphere become cold all of the sudden.

A familiar yet unsettling feeling settles inside my chest, adrenaline starts to slowly kick in.

The lights continue to flicker, I look up to the ceiling squinting my eyes to help myself get used to the flickering as I scan the place through looking at the mirror, however my stiff movements came to a halt when I heard a creaking sound that obviously came from the cubicle behind me. As the lights  continue to turn on and off, I slowly start to feel someone's presence as I slowly let my eyes look at the reflection of the opened cubicle, there is no one.

I should be get going at this point, but for some unknown reasons, I stayed.

Then light went off a little longer and when it comes back, I see a figure of a girl with long hair, sitting on top of the toilet. Her long and wet black lacks are covering mostly of her face, making it hard for me to recognize who she is, but as soon as I saw her eyes that are peeking through the strands of her hair, my heart almost jump of my rib cage.

Her eyes are on a very deep shade of blood red, eyeing me like I'm it's last prey.

Forming my hands into fist, I finally gathered all the remaining courage and strength I have and managed to run towards the door that leads back to the hallway, but much to my surprise and dismay, the door is locked.

Sht.

"Help!" I shout on top of my lungs while banging my fists onto the door, desperate to get out of this place already. I look over my shoulder and I saw that the dead-looking girl started walking out of the cubicle, and what caught most of my attention is the bloody footprints that she left on the tiles.

My body started to shake uncontrollably when the it starts to walk towards my direction in a slow pace. I shut my eyes close, "No! You're not real, you're not real!" I exclaim through gritted teeth, tears threatening to fall out from my eyes.

All of the sudden, the surrounding started to go back in it's normal atmosphere, so I decide to open my eyes already. She's gone..

My eyes then land on the knob of the door, before abruptly twisting it as I push it with much force, causing me to fall flat on my stomach as the door flew open.

"Ow..." I grunt as I helped myself up before dusting the imaginary dirt from my clothes.

Letting out a long and deep sigh, I slowly look back at the rest room with my eyes still wide because of what just happened while beads of sweat dripping down from the side of my face.

I crawl to the nearest wall, not tearing my eyes away from the rest room, slumping myself against the concrete as I tried my very best to calm down, my hair are sticking out in various ways but I could care less about it at the moment, processing the event that just happened a while ago.

"Jeongguk, are you the one behind that too?"

————————