10

Revised Version

September 01, 2020; 4:59 pm

Hana's P.O.V.

The apartment is seemingly quiet, the silence is heavy and a little bit tense, not the usual comfortable silence we dwell ourselves into after a tiring day at the university. Yoongi is out to probably buy some late afternoon snacks, Minsook is scrolling through her social media as she sat at the carpeted floor while I am left with a book on my lap, studying for the up coming lesson that my psychology professor is most probably going to teach for tomorrow while sitting at the single couch.

Soon after we graduated high school, Minsook and I thought that Yoongi will fell out of contact since he live a lot more far away from us, we've had only used to see him because we are attending the same school, but we later on found out that he's going to the same university that Minsook and I had registered to.

It was Minsook's idea that the three of us could just move under the same apartment that is quite near the university, she did got a lot of scolding from her parents because why does it have to have a man with us. I don't know what she did or said but her parents ended up giving her the permission.

Pinching the bridge of my nose, my mind drifted to somewhere else again when I'm supposed to be studying, but whenever my eyes land on the page of the textbook, nothing seem to make sense as if my brain is denying to learn anything. Forming my hands into a fist, I slightly knock on my head, hoping that it will somehow do anything to help me with this, however it does nothing as Jeongguk's face appear in my mind instead causing me to let out a silent gasp.

As if on cue, the sound of the door opening and closing made me look up, seeing Yoongi dusting his slippers at the doorstep before tossing it aside, a plastic bag on his left hand. He walk pass Minsook and I without uttering a single word after he dropped the bag on the center table, continuing his steps before disappearing into the small kitchen.

I hear a sigh then Minsook is putting her phone down as she look at Yoongi's back before moving her eyes to look at me with her brows furrowed. Casually quickly looking down at my textbook, I try my best to appear relaxed, but it's clear that my best friend is not buying it.

"All right, you two, don't you have something to tell me? Like seriously, you guys look so tense this whole day," she paused, scrunching her nose before continuing, "What's up you, guys? Am I missing something?" Minsook finishes, her eyes on Yoongi as he finally walks back, lips caught in between his lips before sitting on the floor, across Minsook.

The male look over me like he's asking if I would like to go first in which I quickly shook my head. Mentioning Jeongguk's name right away might trigger something even if it happens that the Jeongguk whom I met today isn't the Jeongguk that we actually knew and encountered back then.

"I think someone is just messing with me..." Yoongi starts, his other hand fiddling at the fabric of the carpet, "or something... I can't explain either because I'm not so sure what happened today, but something really ticked me off," he pauses, licking his lips before heaving out a sigh.

"Promise me you won't panic, all right?" Yoongi says out of nowhere as he looks directly into Minsook's eyes while his hand no longer fiddles with the carpet as he carefully reaches for Minsook's hand, giving it a mild squeeze.

My brows furrowed because of the way Yoongi said it, plus things don't generally just trigger Minsook unless it has to do with our past horrible experience in that place, or just has to do something involving Jeongguk — it's really a miracle that she agreed to Yoongi visiting the cemetery because today is Jeongguk's birthday — "So does this mean..." I mutter under my breath but kept myself from saying something more and let him do the talking.

I see how my best friend went red because of the gesture that Yoongi did, but nonetheless, she keep a straight face, "If it is that concerning, I can't promise you that I'll be calm at all, but I'll try not to burst out," Minsook says, absentmindedly looking down at her hand that Yoongi is holding.

N

odding, he then finally open his mouth before saying something that made my body grow cold, "Someone had called me... they claim that they've been killed by Jeongguk."

I hold my breath, stilling my actions I hold the textbook's edges hard.

"I-I mean they could just be playing a prank or something, but I don't know anyone aside from you guys who could possibly say something as accurate as that," Yoongi says rather anxiously as he now plays with Minsook's hand, my best friend on the other hand is silent, wide eyes looking at Yoongi's before retracting her hand back, hugging herself.

"Okay, what the heck? What the heck, oh my God— s-so what are you trying to say? Something's 'bout to happen again? Let's not forget that it's still your brother's birthday today, Yoongi," Minsook utters, she probably didn't mean it but she raised her voice, her shoulders tensing up as she visibly starts to shake.

Before I could even step down and calm her down, I feel something cold and light brushed against my nape, giving me goosebumps and a shiver making me look over my shoulder in instant, and when I see no one, my heart suddenly raced as my adrenaline start  to kick in. I quickly whip my head back to look back at Minsook and Yoongi but then, something make me halt my actions.

I can see Minsook's breath.

"Minsook—"

Suddenly one of the framed pictures we had fell out from its place and before the three of us can even react properly, all lights went out, the sound of Minsook's panicked screams following right after.