14

Revised Version

September 2, 2020; 10:09 am

Yoongi's P.O.V.

I've been sitting at the corner of the room for quite a time already, knees pressed on my chest with my arms resting on top of it, crossed. My gaze never left the window where I threw the picture out as I let out deep and heavy breaths, thoughts running wild.

The bell had rung awhile ago, hurried footsteps and random screeching were heard from the hallway, but it didn't even bothered me to move a muscle.

Exhaling, I then let my eyes close, my head falling over my arms, I try calming my raging heart down, but doing so just made me even more reckless as those events from the past all of the sudden come rushing through my mind, startling me.

Then I thought of Minsook.

Quickly opening my eyes, my hand flew to my pocket where my phone is, ignoring the sudden glare of light that welcomed my sight. Blinking, I quickly fish my phone out, thumb automatically swiping and tapping Minsook's number before bringing the phone up next to my ear, hearing the familiar sound of ringing as I feel like my throat is tightening up while waiting for her to pick up.

After four rings, she answered.

"Hey, Minsook how are you doing?" I ask, holding my breath, but received nothing as a respond, it's actually deafening quiet on the other line. My right brow arch on it's own before I withdraw the phone from my ear so I can see if I unfortunately dialed the wrong number.

Oh Minsook, the ID says, which made me uneasy even more and thought of why isn't she answering, Please be okay, please be okay, I thought, repeating it on and on to the point that I am starting to think whether I am convincing myself that Minsook is okay, or that I am convincing myself that I am okay, "Hey, Minsook..?" I trail off as I bring the phone near my ear once again.

Finally, I hear something that sounds like coughing before there's a distant rustling, "Yoongi, hey, s-sorry, I just woke up," Minsook finally says, her voice sounding a little bit raspy than how she usually sounds, making me let out the breath that I have been holding.

"Oh, sorry, did I wake you up?" I ask, stretching my legs across the floor, eyes now looking over the single row of four pianos. There's a soft hum from the other line, "You don't have to worry, Yoongi-ya, I'm doing perfectly fine," she says, sounding a little bit tired, the tone of her voice suddenly made me a little bit guilty so after I bid her goodbye and saying a few reminders, I let her hang up the call, leaving me with my phone still pressed against my ear.

Biting my lip, I stand up and put my phone back into my pocket while my free hand dust off my bum as I walk back to where I dropped my music sheets. Picking it up, I then look over the pianos before looking back at the music sheets, contemplating whether I should just attend my first class - though I'm already and obviously late for it - or do this damn of a project who's deadline is today. Who even gives a project that has a deadline the day after it was given?

Before I could even decide what to choose between the choices I came up with, the door suddenly slide open, causing me the physically jump and let out a scream.

"Oh what the- I'm sorry!" a voice of a girl says, turning my head to look over my shoulder, I see a pale girl, dressed in all monochromatic colors while her long, straight, black hair stops at her waist. She stays standing at the doorstep with her hand still at the knob while looking at me with wide eyes. Suddenly, something in my mind clicked, she's the girl in the storage room that I saw yesterday.

"I'm sorry, did I scare you?" she asks cautiously, making me snap back to reality, "No, no, it's okay," I responded as I wave it off, "I just didn't expect someone to come when it's already class hours?" I add while she finally step in and slide the door close, tucking some strands of her hair that fell over her face behind her ear. She then faced me, a small smile making its way to her lips.

"Well, what about you? Why aren't you in class?" she questions, walking towards where the section of guitars are placed. I raise my hand that's holding my music sheets, "Project, today's the deadline," I sigh, scratching my nape.

The girl giggles after hearing how stressed I probably sounded, "Oh that sucks," she says in which I can only nod my head, agreeing. "The name's Jangmi, by the way," she - Jangmi adds walking over to sit at one of the provided chairs adjacent to the row of pianos before lying the guitar upon her lap as she pulls up her hair in a ponytail, "Yoongi," I utter, offering a small bow.

As she ties her hair up, my eyes unconsciously lands on her neck, seeing something that looks like a scar that extends all across her neck, making it appear like some permanent choker.

I look away, shaking my head, my fist coming up to knock my forehead, Why are you looking at a person's neck when you barely knew them, you creep, my subconscious scolds, huffing out some air. Looking back to Jangmi, I see that she had finished tying her hair and is now checking the tune of the guitar.

Deciding to break the silence, I ask her, "How about you? Why are you here instead of attending your class?"

Looking up, Jangmi met my eyes before she let out a chuckle, "For some reason, you sound like a strict professor," she counters, making my ears burn, but before I could defend myself, she suddenly adds.

"I come here because I'm lonely."

----

i noticed that i'm switching from full lower case to typing with proper capitalization oop