25

september ??, 20?? ; ??:?? ??

third person's p.o.v.

this is the most cliché place to ever hide, yoongi and jeongguk think to themselves.

the brothers found themselves cramped in one of the school lockers. shoulder to shoulder.

yoongi could feel sweat building up his forehead, tensed muscles, and thrumming heart in his chest.

the creature that has been chasing after them, though had already passed by the locker, remained on the floor they are in, seemingly searching for the two men as its cry of multiple voices echoe throughout the hallway.

both men knew they can't stay here for long, both knew that the creature will eventually find them.

and yet here they are.

"why exactly are you back?"

"huh?"

"why'd you come back? i would've questioned how the fuck are you even here, but it looks like logic isn't part of the conversation anymore," the older of the two says in a hushed voice.

jeongguk stays silent for a while, yoongi turns his head enough to see the side profile of his younger brother.

the latter has his brows furrowed, there's stress visible in his forehead as he bites his lip as his eyes look down.

he sighed.

"to be honest, i don't know how i ended up being here, i just remembered one day waking up from what feels like a long sleep," he pauses.

"the moment i wake up, i was in a classroom, an unfamiliar one at that, i tried hiding myself in the stock rooms because i don't wanna be seen by the teachers," jeongguk turns his head as well, now looking at the eyes of his older, yet shorter, brother.

"but one day, i saw you. with hana and minsook," another pause.

"at first, i was relieved that the three of you stayed in touch, but then there was byun."

jeongguk looks away again, leaning in to peek into the gaps of the locker for a few seconds as he continues to speak, "the moment i saw her, i knew that she was out for blood, i've planned to tell and warn you beforehand, but it didn't go that way, hence why we're here."

the younger finishes, leaning back in the cramped space of the locker, yoongi shifts.

"yeah well, of course it's not gonna go smoothly, you literally look the same from the last time we've seen you," well, minus the look of being a corpse of course.

yoongi chooses to let the last part be left unsaid.

the older of the two hears a low non-humorous chuckle, a small "i can see that" follows, muttered under a quiet voice by the younger man.

they settled in silence as their shoulders pressed together all the while sweat forming on their foreheads, the sound of the creature still echoing in the hallway.

yoongi hates every bit of this.

yoongi also hates the way his stomach churns.

from his peripheral vision, he sees his brother with his head down, bangs covering his doe eyes.

the churning on yoongi's stomach grew, his chest now feeling heavy.

the familiar feeling of guilt settles in within him.

yoongi remembers the day he left jeongguk behind to let him admire hana from afar, remembers how confused he is as to why he couldn't find the latter for the remaining time left for the day, remembers how panic started to rise up his chest when the younger man won't respond to his calls.