20

September 3, 2020; 3:09 am

Third Person's P.O.V.

min yoongi couldn't sleep.

though his eyes are shut, his body out of energy, sleep doesn't seem to seep into his system — he grumbles, gets his pillow and smashes it over his face as if hoping it'd knock him out.

he sighs and tries to find a comfortable sleeping position, but still, he remains awake.

it doesn't surprise him though, yoongi can still feel the constant anxiety of whoever — whatever — it is that may still be lingering in their home, sweat trickles down his face thinking that maybe going back home isn't a good idea, whoever it is that is after him could now be after his mother as well.

hana and minsook's family too.

frustrated, yoongi sits up from the makeshift bed he made on the floor and turns his head to look over the sleeping figure of his mom. her back is on him.

yoongi messes up his hair, agitated.

"yoongi-ya, why are you still up?" someone says from behind to which yoongi quickly turns his head to look his mom.

he was about to apologize for probably waking her up when a scream escapes his mouth.

his mom is facing him, but her body remains the same position as before.

his mom's head is fcking twisted.

a scar suddenly appears on her neck while blood soon comes flowing down as if her neck is being freshly sliced.

"no! no, no, no, NO!!! DON'T INVOLVE MY MOM!!!" yoongi screams desperately as he backs off, breathing frantically.

his mom — or he supposes, whoever that may be for now — smiles warmly that it makes a shiver ran down his spine. suddenly there's something that fell off the nightstand that slides over yoongi's feet.

he only move back even more, but the woman on his mother's bed gestures over the item as if telling him to look at it.

min yoongi shakes his head, his back now hitting the door.

the woman who have his mom's face darkened, not pleased with his actions before she finally speaks, the voice not that of her mom, but the same voice of that he heard from the specter in the bathroom this evening.

"look at it, yoongi-ya."

gulping, he reached out for it with his shaking hand and upon that, yoongi realizes that it's a picture frame.

he once again let out a scream before throwing it away.

it was a family portrait of a young yoongi and jeongguk with their mom, however, both faces aside from yoongi have a red x mark over them along with being scratched off, like that of a cat scratching off a paper.

"leave my mom alone!" he shouts, eyes blown wide.

the woman giggled, "theeeeen... shall i go after that minsook girl again?"

yoongi's body stilled.

wait, 'again'...?

and before he could scream no, the blood from the scar on her neck that stained the sheets of her bed seeped back into the cut before her head twisted back into its previous position.

yoongi is horrified after he hears the clear sound of bones snapping.

he is tripping on his own feet as he tries to quickly run over to his mom's bed, his hands frantically shaking her awake.

"mom? mom! wake up!" he cries, his whole body shaking.

she groans, "oh my goodness, yoongi, what is it that you're screaming and waking me up at the dead of the night?" yoongi's mother retorts, her hand coming up to rub her eyes as a yawn escapes her mouth.

"a-are you okay?" he asks, still in panic. his mother quickly senses this and sits up.

"hey, hey, calm down, sweetheart, it's alright. it's alright, it's just a nightmare, okay?"

yoongi shakes his head.

"minsook, i gotta go see minsook."

"min yoongi where are you—"

yoongi quickly swings his feet of the bed and grabs his jacket that he left off the nightstand, he sees that the family portrait that's been thrown before is now back on his place and that the faces of jeongguk and their mother are now back to normal too.

"there's an emergency and — and i gotta go see minsook o-or she's going to be—" yoongi almost falls when his mom catches him.

"okay, okay, don't explain now, go ahead, be careful on your way, okay?"

he can only nod before dashing out of the house and bursting through the gate.

yoongi runs and runs, but as he does so, he keeps looking over his shoulder for the feeling of being watched is back. he'd caught some figure of a shadow in the corner of the dark streets, he couldn't see the face, but he's certain that there's a grin on that shadow's face.

he shakes his head, looks forward and pushes himself to keep running to the direction that leads to minsook's house, only then he cursed under his breath after he remembers that he should've called hana first but he left his phone at home. plus his not wearing any slippers or shoes so he could feel his feet burning from the cold of the ground.

he reaches the crosswalk, sees that the street is still busy and filled with cars passing.

yoongi looks over the traffic lights and sees that there's still three minutes to go before he can finally walk and cross over.

he impatiently bounces on his feet as he keeps looking over the timer and the passing vehicles, before looking over his shoulder again.

he sees no one, but instead of being relieved, yoongi felt even more anxious.

yoongi then looks at the timer, two minutes remaining before the red light comes on, he then pans his eyes over the street again and notices that the next set of cars are still at a far distance.

"ah, fuck it!" he exclaims before running again, the cars at the distance honked their horns upon seeing him, but yoongi ignores them, and keeps running, the other side is pretty far over but yoongi continues, his mind thinks about minsook as he recalls what the specter said a while ago.

his chest fills up with worry.

yoongi is finally nearing the other end of the street when he suddenly feels a piercing cold sensation on his wrist before he felt himself being pulled over. he looks over and screams for nth time after seeing what's beeing holding him back.

the woman that he encountered in the bathroom is holding his wrist while her hand is holding her decapitated head with her hair like a string doll, her rotting flesh still spills blood, despite that, she is smiling and her teeth shines through the night.

yoongi hears the honks getting louder and louder, he hears gears and wheels screeching on the street.

yoongi turns his head over the other side of the road, desperate but then, his eyes goes wide and his struggles comes to halt.

before everything went black, yoongi is sure that he saw someone rushing over him a pair of doe eyes looking at him with pure panic.

"YOONGI HYUNG!!!"