7

Revised Version

September 1, 2020; 1:26 pm

Jeongguk's P.O.V.

I throw my head back as I sat myself at the corner of the cafeteria, the professor for the next class turns out to be absent. A deep sigh escaped my lips, my thoughts wondering about Hana.

I'm glad that I managed to stop her before she reached that room where she almost fall for the trap, it was a close call, Byun almost had her.

"I'm just starting." I grimaced, of course she is.

An imaginary lump form in my throat and it suddenly feel so hard to breathe, black spots start to appear in my vision as I can feel sweat forming on my forehead after a second or two, I feel nauseous, everything started to spin. Grabbing the edge of the table, I hold myself up before I almost fell on the ground.

Scenarios start to play in my mind.

"Please, stop!"

"Why should I? I'm actually enjoying this!"

"No, no, no, stop!" I whisper-yelled, my grip on the table tightens as I keep myself balanced.

A whimper left my lips as I endured the familiar pang of guilt that start to build up inside my chest. Screams, cries, and blood, lots of blood... I can see and hear them clearly inside my mind.

The screams almost made me deaf at how agonizing and desperate it sounds, it almost sound so real that I have to let go of the edge table and use both of my hands to cover my ears while I just let my head hit the surface of the wooden table, but still, the screams doesn't stop as it continue to echo loud in my head.

After what seem like eternity, the horrible scenario started to blur and eventually faded away from my mind, which left me panting heavily as if it's like I just run a hundred meter in repeat. My heart pound so widely that my body shook with every beat it does. Once I finally manage to relax myself, I let out a sigh, a distressed one.

"B-but, I'm not the one who did it to her... to them," I mumble under my breath, remembering how he took over my body just to fulfill his desire, but who would believe me anyway? They saw with their very eyes that I'm the one who had been doing those horrible and disgusting things, when the truth is I really am not the one who's fully responsible.

But still, it's still my fault for being weak right? If only I was strong enough to keep him under control.

Setting that thought aside, I straighten myself up while I run a hand over my face before deciding to play with the straw that almost fell from the table.

Byun, what do you want?

Just after I thought of that, my eyes automatically land on the table placed at the other corner of the cafeteria, parallel to mine — there she is, sitting along with a small group of students who can't see her.

She holds her head in between her pale and wrinkly hands on top of the table, the exposed flesh of her neck spit blood now and then. Her other hand tucked a few strands of her blood stained hair behind her ear while the other remained to hold her head in place.

As she tucked her hair, her wide opened eyes that's only filled with madness look at me directly, her wide comical smile on full display.

The fact that I used to look like that give me the goosebumps.

Her hand that tucked her hair suddenly waves at me before her five fingers start to fold one by one as if she's counting down, her shoulders then shake, looking as if she's laughing.

As soon as she reached her last finger, the bell ring throughout the whole campus. All of the sudden, my heart started to beat crazily inside my chest as I feel a tug that made me wince. My eyes widened as I stand up.

"Yoongi hyung!"

~

Yoongi's P.O.V.

September 1, 2020; 2:15 pm

Minsook and I met at the usual meeting place as soon as the classes ended, the thing is, the classes ended fifteen minutes ago however Hana is still not here, I couldn't even see her among the students that exit the main building.

I checked my phone, hoping that Hana somehow, send a text, but I see nothing new, "Yoongi, we should go and search for her..." Minsook whisper while she sat at the bench, eyes are glued on her phone screen while she continuously messaged her best friend.

Putting a hand on her shoulder, I utter, "Hey, calm down, maybe their prof just have something to announce or something."

"For fifteen minutes? Really?" the Minsook retorts, her slightly thin lips pout as she just gave up on texting her best friend, her shoulder length brown hair swaying along with the wind that just passed by.

"I mean, who knows? Let's give her another five minutes," I say, pushing my hair back.

Minsook look up to me with her doe eyes before averting her gaze to somewhere else, sighing, "Okay..." I heard her whisper as she press her lips into a thin line after a minute of silence.

Eight minutes have passed, Hana is still not on sight.

I felt a tug on the hem of my shirt, "Yoongi," Minsook calls and I just nodded and let her know that I'll go and look for the latter. "Stay here, alright? Wait for her here."

As I walk, I saw that there are still a handful amount of student walking inside the building where Hana's class is. Brushing off the irrational worrying that I'm starting to feel, I continue my steps into the building as I fish my phone out of my pocket.

No new messages.

The digital clock of my phone shows that it's nearing two-thirty in the afternoon, I just really hope it's her prof announcing something for a new research and not something horrible happening her on her way out of the building.

As I am about to put my phone back into my pocket, it suddenly rung and so, without even looking at the caller ID, I answer the call right away. "Yow, Hana, where are you now? Are your classes done? I'm gonna fetch you," I say in one breath before finally stoping myself from talking furthermore since I sounded like a strict father. I notice that some student did look at my direction, probably at how loud my voice came out.

Bowing my head to show my apology, I noticed that Hana doesn't answer and the only thing that I can hear from the other line is her breathing together with a sound of a ticking clock. When Hana finally answered, I can't help but to furrow my brows as I notice how raspy her voice sounds.

"Hey Yoongi..." the caller replies and I that's when I decided to check the caller ID already to confirm if it is really Lee Hana or not.

It is from an unknown caller.

I bring the phone back near my ears, "Who are you?" I ask through gritted teeth, stopping my tracks before standing at the side of the hallway to avoid getting bump by the others who are walking by. I feel the hair from the back of my neck rise up as goosebumps eventually travel from my arms and legs as soon as the caller answered.

The person chuckled, "Just a certain someone that your brother just killed years ago."