18. Jane Doe

"So how's Adam?" Nisa asked Ryan. Kayla barely even noticed as Nisa reached across the table to steal a spoonful of her Rocky Road ice cream. She was still in a happy daze from her date with Jack the night before. She sat there immersed in thought, chin in the palm of one hand and twirling her spoon in her cup of ice cream with the other, barely listening to the conversation Ryan, Matt, and Nisa were having.

Ryan had been craving ice cream so now here the four were, sitting around a small corner table in the Haagen Dazs by the Harbor. It was Sunday night at 9:10 pm, 20 minutes until close.

"He's great, his book is doing well, the one he just published, which means he's happy. And the sex is amazing which means I'm happy," he laughed. Then he smiled coyly, "I hear you and Dom are good."

Nisa cleared her throat, glancing at Matt quickly. Matt raised his eyebrows.

"Why, what did he say?" Nisa asked nervously.

"He said he went over to apologize and bring you flowers yesterday and it seemed to go over well," Ryan grinned.

"Oh," she said dropping her spoon into her empty cup. Ryan looked back and forth between Matt, who was looking at Nisa, and Nisa, who had her eyes peeled on the table.

"You said you were done with him," Matt said, brows furrowed.

"Oh God.. Did you two... No effing way!" Ryan shouted.

An elderly couple a few tables away turned to give him a dirty look.

"You two smashed?" Ryan said, lowering his voice.

Matt and Nisa shared a silent glance.

"Did you know about this?" Ryan directed towards Kayla who was looking off into the distance, still twirling the spoon, clearly not paying attention.

"Earth to Kayla!" Ryan snapped in front of her face.

"Hm?"

"What's with you?" asked Ryan.

"She's dickmatized," Nisa said, taking the spoon out of Kayla's hand and scooping herself the rest of Kayla's half-melted Rocky Road.

"Am not-" Kayla started to say but Ryan interrupted, his eyes wide.

"You had sex with Dr. Daddy?"

"No I didn't," Kayla said.

"All she did was feel up on his Johnson and she's been like this ever since," Nisa sighed.

Ryan burst into a fit of hysterical laughter. "That's what happens when you go three years without sex," he wheezed in between breaths. "But I am curious to know, was I right?"

"Right about...?" Matt questioned, chiming in.

"She knows," Ryan smirked.

All eyes were on Kayla, who knew exactly what Ryan was referring to.

"You were right," she said, rolling her eyes.

"I usually am," he smirked.

"And don't think I forgot about you two," Ryan said, turning to face Nisa and Matt. "When did this happen?" He waved his index finger back and forth between the two.

"Friday night, after the party," Matt said.

"And then again, yesterday evening," Kayla snitched. Little did she know, it hadn't been Matt that she'd overheard having sex with Nisa in her room Saturday evening.

Nisa shot her a dirty look.

"Okay so this isn't going to be awkward right?" Ryan said, still eyeing the two wearily.