Happily Ever After Part Two

Nick's P.O.V

       Song:  I Choose You By Ryann Darling

           Time stops when you're at the altar and you see your beautiful bride. You tune out the oohs and the ahhs from the wedding crowd, and you're only focused on her. She's graced with the heavenly light above. She glides down the aisle with a wide smile on her face and cheeks stained with a blush. Her eyes hold yours steadily never breaking the contact. And then, she's suddenly by your side and you just can't help just to look at her. She's my everything. She's my only one, to love and to cherish till death do us part.

As her father places her hand in mine, I continue to admire such a beautiful woman who I have the honor to call my wife in just a few minutes. The priest opens the Holy Bible, he begins reading but I wasn't listening to him. I focused my future wife, Susan.

"You look so beautiful," I whispered to her.

She smiled and mouthed, "Thank you." I grinned back and felt really happy at that moment. It's really happening, I'm getting married to Susan.

The priest continued his speech on love, honor, and respect for each spouse, "both will be joined as man and woman. They will love each other for eternity, honor each other decisions, respect their spouse and learn how to compromise. Without further ado, I ask for the rings."

Everyone turned to the best man, who happened to be my brother. Rings, I mouthed. He patted down his pockets while we stared at each other.

"Dude, don't tell me you lost the rings?"

You could hear a pin drop in the church and the priest was very quiet, perhaps too quiet.

"What?" He said as he continued to check his pockets.

"Ryder, are serious right now?" Susan said disappointment at her brother.

"Now's not the time to joke around, Ryder," I said as felt cold sweats break slowly down my spine.

"Yeah, don't you think I know that. Oh, wait I found them," he said as he took them out of his vest inside pocket, "I was only messing with you." He has the audacity to smirk at his own joke, that would've cost him his life if he wasn't going to be my future brother-in-law.

I let out a breath of relief that I had been holding back and probably the urge to punch Ryder's panty-dropping and petty face. I'm sure that everyone wanted to do the same to him as well. Ryder handed the rings to me and Heath gave his son a disapproving look as well.

Finally, with the rings in my hands the priest blessed the rings. The next moment that's about to happen, I will always remember.

"I ask everyone to save your cheers after the exchanging of the vows, thank you. With these rings, I bless thee," the priest gave Susan my ring, "Repeat after me. I give this ring..."

"I give this ring..." Susan repeated.

"To hold and to cherish..." The priest continued.

"To honor and respect..."

"With this ring, I wed thee."

"With this ring, I wed thee," Susan said as she pushed the ring slowly on my finger.

The priest gave me Susan's ring and asked me to repeat the same vows.