The return of Dad

I angrily walked to my father's car. He was in his car and seemed pretty calm to my surprise. I got in and sighed. My head was hurting. It was silent for a minute.

Then he spoke. "I'm proud of you."
Huh? Was my hearing okay? I looked at him.
"I'm very very sorry," he said. "Everything I said that night was stupid."
"You don't say," I sighed. "Dad. The word 'f***ot' is a hurtful slur. And you know it."
"I know."
"I think I'm going to have trouble forgetting what you said. And forgiving you. You were childish and out of pocket."
"I don't care anymore if you're bi," he continued. "I love you no matter what. I was being foolish. I understand if you don't forgive me."

Tears of joy were flooding eyes.
"And I'm proud of you for coming out and standing for yourself and your boyfriend. You've got courage of your mother."
I smiled.
"What she do if she knew?" He asked.
"She would kiss my forehead and tell me she accepts and supports me and get me some Mcdonalds or something to make feel better," I replied.
"I'll do that for you," he said as he hugged me.
I couldn't stop crying.
"I would like to meet him," he said.
"Meet who?" a familar voice said. I turned around and laughed as I saw who it was.
"Hey Elliott."
"Hi," he said, poking his head throughthe window. "Woah, this is your dad? He looks so young. My dad looks 100 years old."
"Nice to meet you, El," Dad greeted as he shook his hand.
"You too."
This was perfect.
"See you later, babe,"I said.
"Bye," Elliott said as we kissed. "Thank you. For today."
"No probs."
He kissed my forhead. Dad started the car we drove to Chic fil A.
"And I promise to do your homework for the rest of the year," he promised.
Hey! I was right earlier! (He actually did it. Or...tried to. He didn't get most of the material. At least he tried.)