£Bark

Gazing at the blue fire burning from inside my tree. I snuggle closer to my hand-made blanket I had made for myself and wrap my tail around it. I try to remember again why I'm here, how I got here.

All I can remember is fogged away memories of my mom screaming at me but I can't remember the words coming out her mouth. Just a big woman with crazy hair and her mouth wide open. I knew she was my mom for sure.

I also remember some kids but they were all too blurry to me. My guess, it was my mother. But I don't want to blame anyone for my reasons. For sure it was probably myself that caused me to get lost or get abandoned in the woods though.

All I know years have passed by and I haven't changed a lot. That's why I haven't had the guts to get out of the forest and go in back into society. I only had one very good specific memory and that was the Pulchritudo law.

The law meant that man had to be superior to woman .That they were judges of woman. Men had to be taller, stronger, good looking with no fat and dominant to woman.

This law also meant that girls and woman alike had to be taller than usual. That we as woman had to be thin, a specific skin tone not in between and had to submit to man.

And not to forget we as woman had to make something out of ourselves.
But I don't think I was a woman, not if all those descriptions are what I have to go by, because that isn't who I am.

I was a Deformis Deformitatis, that's what they would call you if you didn't reach the standards of the Pulchritudo law. Not only were you called that but at age of ten if you weren't thin or tall, you were executed.

And that's also one of the main reasons I wouldn't leave my safe place. I don't know how old I am but I know for sure I have grown.

I shiver thinking about the things I have to face if I went out my safe home, the woods.

My eyes were getting heavy with sleep so I close them snuggling closer to my blanket and already messed up teddy bear I had made myself.