£Banshee

I woke up on the right side of the ground today. For breakfast I ate rabbits. Those are some delicious creatures.

Walking further into the woods I have been doing this since I arrived. My blanket around my neck and my tochie bear wrapped on my tail I decide to start skipping, walking was getting to old for me.

Swinging my arms, skipping over logs I fall to my knees. Not because I tripped but because fatigue came over me.

I get blinded by darkness and start seeing a man, an old man coughing blood, sick and dying. I also see and hear, I think his family members weeping over his bed.

A strange feeling came over me and that feeling went up my lungs through my throat making me inhale big.

"Aaaaaaaaaahhh!"

What just happened? Scared for what just happened I start crying, crawling towards a tree and hugging it tight. I check my surroundings and there's nobody in sight.

Right now I really need somebody to hold me and tell me that everything's going to be okay.
I don't know what just happened though, this is the first time ever in my life that I have screamed like that and blacked out.

Facing up towards the sky I realize that the sun was coming down and I needed to find shelter soon or the Kapres will come out from their hiding places to hunt their prey.

I start running and running without stopping trying to forget what just happened. But of course bringing with me my blanket and tochie bear....

         -TWO YEARS LATER-

Climbing up a tree towards the edge of the forest. I try to see where I'm at. "Mmh", nothing no signs of civilization. I climb back down the tree happy that I'll still be safe.

I lost my blanket a couple days ago when I had another break down but luckily I manage to fix and keep tochie bear.

I have come to conclusion that my break downs happen because somebody is going to die. But I don't know if people are close by when they happen or if anybody hears me.

Walking, skipping, on my tippy toes, running and singing randomly I enjoy the fresh air of nature. I stop suddenly hearing my surroundings. Footsteps. Scared of what it might be I run sideway to the closes tree and hide behind it.

"Brother do you think will catch some good deer today?"
I hear a man say making my heart stop and squeeze my tochie bear closer to me.

"You know where're good at this Eda. But that is not what I'm worried about at this moment."
The other one answers his brother Eda. I hold my breath, trying not to make a sound as I push closer to the tree.

"Did you hear that Jamal?" Jamal ignores his brother and they both stop.

"Yes, Eda now shush and be still!" the man Jamal shushes his brother. I hear footsteps coming towards my direction. Taking a shuddering breath while I squeeze my eyes closed I hear the footsteps stop beside me.

"Oh my, what do we have here Eda?"
I gasp and whimper clutching the tree and tochie bear tighter. Eda comes running to his brother side to inspect me.

"Oh holly shit! Brother what is a nymph like her doing here? Aren't they supposed to be down the South in Pegaeae?" Pegaeae?

I hear Jamal sigh at his brother "Yes Eda now shush! You're scaring her!"
He hunches down soothing my back and hair with his hand.

I whimper even more.
"Ssshh, huldra nothing is going to happen to you. You're perfectly safe with me, we're no harm I promise"

I calm down a little and face them seeing Eda laughing for some reason, making me laugh along with him because of his appearance.

He stops immediately after I laugh confusing me, I tilt my head to the side and we have a staring contest.

"Alright. Let us take you somewhere safe nymph "Jamal interrupts grabbing me and placing me on his hip. Weirded out I stay put, too afraid to move.

"Jamal we can't take her outside these woods she's ..... exotic! I mean look at her!"

"Ain't Bestia tired of being alone and fucking identical females all the time Eda?" Jamal slaps me on the thigh making me jump a little.

"Brother I don't know, it's Bestia we're talking about. He might be our cousin but I don't know how he feels all the time. That mother fucker is cold all the time!"

"Mother fucker?" I look at Jamal confused at the words they were using.

"Um, don't say that huldra, it' a bad word and don't worry about what we be saying it's nothing important. Eda lessen on the bad words, Bestia needs a new looking female and you know exotic creatures like her are secretly in right now"

What does he mean by exotic creatures? Is he talking about me? Everything they just said went through one ear and out the other.

"Alright Jamal but if he doesn't accept her I don't want to deal with the consequences." Eda starts walking off towards the direction they came from, Jamal following behind.

What consequences I wonder as Jamal walks. I zone out their conversations as I get lost, playing with my tochie bear. Feeling better about them since Jamal promise me no harm.