»Chapter Twelve« "Who's next?"

A/N: okay wow, this was meant to be mystery, but it's turning into romance/teen fiction wtffff it wasn't supposed to happen like this rofl
---

»Draven«

I felt something vibrate, and I picked it up without opening my eyes. Yawning, I blinked and realized that Ayla was calling me. 2:36pm, I wondered what she was calling me for.

Quickly tapping accept, I brought it up to my ear and she began to speak.

"Hey Dray! Did I interrupt something?"

I yawned. "No-" my voice came out scratchy and I attempted to clear my throat, "No, you didn't interrupt anything. Why? What's up?"

Ayla laughed. "I can tell you just woke up. Why were you sleeping this early?"

She's quick.. I smiled and let out a small laugh. I replied, "I was bored so I took a nap."

"Seems like something you'd do. Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to come hangout with a bunch of others? We're kind of bored so we're inviting people over to do something fun, I guess." She paused, "Please come," Ayla whispered. "I need my best friend here when there's a lot of people, you know I'm not good at socializing.."

Laughing, I answered and said, "Sure I'll come. Text me the address, be there soon!" I hung up, and hopped out of bed waiting for a text while picking out clothes.

I pull on a white t-shirt and some black ripped jeans. Hearing my phone go off, I grab it and see the address.

Calvin's house.

Has she been talking with Calvin more often? I assumed she disliked him judging by her actions toward him. It doesn't matter anyway.

Quickly fixing my bed, I then grabbed my grey Thrasher hoodie, and headed down the stairs.

Food was on my mind. My stomach responded with a loud rumble, so I decided to head to the kitchen for a quick snack. Digging through my secret stash, I pick out a Kit-Kat then grab my keys on the table.

I wondered who was with Calvin and Ayla already, what are they even doing right now? I'll see when I get there, I guess.

After walking to the closet, I grabbed my grey and black Jordans and pulled them on quickly, then headed out to my black Corvette Z06.

The car was better than average, and the reason I had it was because of my parents' jobs. A birthday gift.

Hopping in, I turned the key in the ignition, and began to pull out of our driveway quickly. Once out, I drove straight then made a sharp right turn, zooming past the other cars.

No cops, no limit. Just kidding. Seeing a red light up ahead, I began to slow down, and then I saw a police car behind me, the lights were flashing and I heard the sound and pulled over.

I stopped the car and sighed, then began eating my chocolate bar.

A knock on my window startled me, and I rolled it down only to see a familiar face.

»Calvin«

People began entering. We didn't invite much, there'd only end up being about 10 of us if they all showed up, so no party.

Ayla had called Draven, and I was fine with that. She probably thinks I'm a jealous and possessive creep by now, and that's what I had planned on being just to get her off my back.

I didn't stick to our plans though, and here I am. I had picked her up, held her when she cried, talked to her, and even got her to know her brother, whom I had invited.

I can't tell if she thinks I'm a jerk or not. Hell, I can't even tell how she feels about me anymore, she had been so easy to read 'till now. Did I do that?

You know the answer to that question.

By now I had become used to the strange yet familiar voice in my head, it was a part of me. I accepted it. I'm not sure if Ayla did too.

Hearing the song "T-shirt" by Migos play, I recognized it as my ringtone and answered the call.

"Hey Draven, what's going on?"

He let out a shaky breath. "Nothing, nothing. Just wanted to say I'll be a little late." His tone wasn't even, and something wasn't right.

Knowing Draven, he didn't enjoy being questioned when he lied, so I let it slide and replied, "Alright. See you then I guess." He hung up without replying.

Shrugging it off, I put my phone in my pocket and walked to the others in the living room. Everyone was sitting in a circle on the carpet, probably playing some dumb game. I met eyes with Ayla and she wore a small smile, then gestured at me to come sit.

I joined them and some girl named Loree started speaking.

"Okay, what do you guys want to play? Never have I ever, spin the bottle, truth or dare, or something else?" Loree grinned at us wickedly. I didn't like the way she was smiling, it was kind of creepy.

Tristan smirked. "Who's down for a little game of truth or dare?" The others nodded, and Tristan kept glancing at the girls, sending them winks. Someone's thirsty.

Loree cleared her throat to get our attention, then asked, "Delaney, truth or dare?"

Delaney shrugged. "Dare. I'm not a wuss."

Loree laughed in return. "Alright, I dare you to rate all the boys here." I'm going to be rated, this will tell whether she hates me or not. Good.

Delaney gave her a weird look, then said, "Not much of a dare, but alright."

"Jared 7/10, Tristan 4/10, Gunner 9/10, and uh," she paused, "Calvin 8/10." Not bad, I guess. I don't really care anyway, it's her opinion.

"Okay.. who's next?" Delaney clapped her hands together with a devilish look on her face. She scanned us slowly, and her eyes stopped on Ayla.

"Ayla, truth or dare?"

A/N: took me forever to post gosh, this chapter sucked, I don't really know where the whole story is going either. I have nothing planned tbh, I'm going to think about future chapters and brainstorm for times when I'm stuck lmao. the dare's are gonna get saucyyyyyy

I typed all that with one eye open ;) it's gonna be hard for me to type bc my eyes get super sensitive when I'm sick and the screen irritates them. Chapter 13 coming in 2-3 days byeeeee xx