»Chapter Sixteen« "Come back!"

»Calvin«

"Welcome back. Early in the morning, at around 2-3 am, the police were called to the Ebonwood Cemetery. 2 girls and 1 boy reportedly found someone, dead, on the dark oak bench," That caught my attention, so I sat up to listen attentively. "they said it was a friend of theirs, but there is not much to say at the moment because we don't know much yet. Those friends will be questioned later on today for more information, and fingerprints are being taken. Names will be said, as this story develops." I stood up, and turned the television off.

I grabbed my phone. Should I text Ayla?

Yes, speak to her about this, and what you have heard.

I began typing, "Ayla, have you watched the news?" Sent.

She read it almost immediately. Then replied, "No. Was it about Jared??" She called me, I picked up.

"Yes, it was. They said they're going to question the three that were at the cemetery, meaning you, Draven and Delaney." I told her, not holding any of the information back.

Ayla paused, "Okay, I'm going to check out the cemetery right now, see if I can discover anything." She hung up.

If only she knew why he died..

If only they all knew why..

I felt it. His death. I knew it was his time.

Now, I can't let anyone find out how it happened. I won't let anyone find out. I already made that promise with him.

I walked over to my closet, and grabbed a faded blue t-shirt, along with dark grey sweatpants. I grabbed my keys and made my way to the front door and pulled on the first pair of shoes I saw. Opening the door, I exited and slammed it behind me, proceeding to lock it. I entered my car and turned the key in the ignition then pulled out quickly, and began speeding to the cemetery.

Soon enough, I was there, and I exited my car after parking. I stepped past the yellow tape and tried to stay light on my feet for less noise. By the corner where the bench was, I crept up to it and crouched, waiting for any sounds. When I heard none, I peeked around and saw no one, time to take my chances. I went up to the bench, and cautiously looked around for any sign of a murderer. The blood had dried, there were no footprints anywhere, and that seemed to be it. Wow.

This had to be quick.

All of a sudden, my phone began ringing and I picked up fast, it was Draven.

"Where are you?" I asked him while walking in circles, trying to keep an eye out for Ayla. She can't see me. And hopefully she won't.

"Coming. Okay scratch that, I see you." He was panting, out of breath, he was probably running. I hung up, and turned around. There he was.

"Draven. Come on, we need to make this quick. Let's fix it."

»Ayla«

I walked around the cemetery, waiting for someone to kick me out, but no one did. I was about to turn the corner when I heard voices, I stopped, and so did they. Then the people began sprinting.

"Hey!" I called out. "Stop! Come back!"

They didn't even look back, whoever that was. I shrugged and went back to my task, looking for any evidence.

I pulled out my phone, deciding to take a picture of the foot prints, but they were gone. The grass looked untouched, no prints, standing tall.

This is impossible. The blood was gone as well, what's going on?

Can't answer that.

Was it the people that just left?

You have to figure that out.

"Not helping," I muttered under my breath. I decided to take pictures anyway. The untouched grass, the clean  bench, normal looking gravel. It was a bit too much.

How does one do this?

Ask them that, you'll get answers soon enough.

Who did it?

Some people you know.

I called Draven, just when I thought he picked up, "Hey! If you're listening to this, then I was either busy which is rare, or I just didn't want to pick up! Leave a message at the beep!"

I shrugged, I have other people I can call anyway. I called Calvin, "If you're hearing this, then I didn't pick-" I ended it and groaned in frustration.

I called Delaney, she picked up on the first ring. "Hey Ayla! What's up?"

Thank goodness she picked up. I forced a laugh, then replied, "Hey, I need to talk to you.."

She stopped, then asked, "Sure, what about?"

"I was at the cemetery, yesterday. It was a couple hours after it all happened, and I wanted to take a look at the crime scene, you know?"

Delaney responded, "Yeah.."

I continued. "So, when I made it there, there were footprints in the grass, and the blood was there from where he was bleeding out. I'm here again, and both are gone, the footprints and the blood."

"What? How is that possible?"

"I'll send you pictures. But I have to go now, just wanted to tell-" I was cut off by loud voices coming from around the corner.

"Gotta go." I hung up and began to run. I continued going straight, and I saw a hole in the fence at the back, so I sprinted and did a front somersault through the hole. I stood up and looked back, there was no one there. That was pointless.

To avoid seeing anyone, I kept going. There was a small path between 2 large buildings, and I went that way, not knowing where it lead.

Now I had 3 options, turn left, right, or go back.

Left it is, I began jogging to make the process quicker and heard multiple voices. What is it with all these people?

They're not all the same. Go check these people out, see what's going on.

I crept up on whoever it was, and there was another corner to turn. Way too many corners..

I turned, and there was Gunner, along with those two people that ran off earlier.

"Well, well, well.. Won't you two reveal yourselves?" I smirked as I sauntered over to them.

Gunner looked up in surprise and waved to me, I waved back with a smile. The 2 hooded figures turned, and it was Calvin and Draven.

"Explain," I demanded.

A/N: No comment.

Don't forget to tap that star <3