CHAPTER 5

ANIYAH POV

Achy pain pinched my sore knee and elbow. I groaned out. Even though my eyes were still shut tight, I could still feel the sun's warmth against my skin. Moving away from the light, I rolled over. Plush and soft, I wrapped the blankets around me to hide from the cool, circulating central air. My face hidden, I inhaled the warming scent of the fresh cotton and uncanny perfume.

Wait..

Where the hell am I at?

Snatching the blankets from over my face. My eyes fighting the light for the opportunity to see, I finally focused in on my surroundings.

I shot up out of the bed, cautious of my where bouts.

Bad idea.

HANGOVER!

I dropped back down onto the mattress and grabbed my now throbbing head.

Maybe I should try this again, but slower.

I opened my eyes back up to try to take in the room once more, hopefully to find a clue to tell me where I was. Spotting some familiar spiked high heels from last night on the floor, I knew exactly where I was.

Keira? Wow, I expected a more sinister looking room.

I guess becoming used to Kiera wearing 'bad girl' clothes like spiked heels, cut up jeans, boots, and dark makeup, with the 'bad girl' attitude.

However this room did not describe that at all. It was a light green color with white curtains. The floor was covered in a wall-to-wall white carpet. The bed was topped with a white and green canopy and sky blue sheets.

Wow, someone is all about nature huh?

I looked down at myself. I quickly went to analyze myself for anything weird.

Nope, I'm fine.

Well except for the red mark where Keira had super gripped my arm and the throbbing pain in my knee and elbow from when I had got knocked down.

Damn that girl.

I quickly noticed my purse on the night stand. Digging through it, I found my travel flats.

Instead of putting on my heels from last night, I decided my flats were better. Bracing myself for the hard part, which was standing with a killer hangover, I planted my feet and slowly got up.

Yes! Fuck you hangover. I was grateful that I the room did not become a sickening carnival ride.

I grabbed my purse and my heels off of the floor, stepped out the room, and headed down the nearby spiral staircase.

Walking down the many stairs, I could hear the little voices coming from a near by room.

"You don't know if she's your mate or not!" A girl's voice based.

It was Keira's voice I could tell.

"Keira I'm not stupid, I know she is. Who the hell else could I be smelling?" A male's voice responded. His voice was deep yet low, calm even after Keira's loudening voice.

"Look I like her, she's my friend. I have a feeling you're going to do something to scare her off, so I suggest you stay away for a little while."

"NO. She is mine!!" The male's deep, demanding voice boomed through quiet house.

Keira should have been scared. SHIT, I was scared and he wasn't even talking to me.

"Ugh fine asshole. But if you do something stupid or if this is a way of getting what you want, I swear--" She was beginning to say before she silenced herself. "Niyah?"