CHAPTER 8

Month later...

Monday. Oh how I hate your ass. I cursed Garfield's most hated day on the way to school. I always considered Monday the 'Weekend Recovery' day. It's the day where people returned to reality from a weekend of parties, liquor, hangovers, sex and other shit they shouldn't have done.

I walked in to the school and linked up with Keira and Keisha, who were standing near my locker. It's been a month of me being at this school and they still managed to stand to wait for me every day by my locker. I always called them stalkers because they always seemed to find me so easily.

"What's up stalker?" I joked.

"Ha-ha bitch very funny." Keira hissed. "It's too early for your bulshit jokes."

"Nothing like a morning joke." I laughed.

I opened up my locker, snatched out my books, and closed my locker. I turned and looked at Keira. I could how different she looked. Exhaustion clearly being the suspect, I could see her struggling to look alive. I guess she thought the foundation would hide the bags that were hanging under her eyes.

She looked like shit.

"Are you okay? Whats wrong? Are you sleeping fine?" I asked, concerned.

"Uumm yeah yeah. I have just been so busy lately, hardly getting good sleep."

"Busy with what? I know not with homework because you don't do it." I joked.

"Ha-ha another funny joke." She hissed sarcastically.

I loved to joke with Keira and Keisha. They were like funny ass sisters I never had. But honestly, I was concerned. She looked as if she was up for a couple of days straight and that concerned me a little.

The school bell sounded, informing us that classes were beginning for the day.

"See you guys at lunch?" Keisha said as began to walk down the hall.

Normally Keisha and I would link up to head to out first period together. However, she had managed to switch her class to a regular English class, leaving me in English honors alone. I hated her for leaving me. I could not help but remind her how she abandoned me.

"Okay, Keisha."

"See ya Aniyah, I'm going to go sleep in Spanish class or something." Keira said dryly.

"Okay, see ya." I laughed.

I walked into my English class. Taking my seat, I began taking out my books and pens.

Boredom striking, I began doodling all over my paper until the rest of the class joined. Minutes had gone by but students were still coming in one by one.

Once everyone managed to finally come in, Mr. Clearmen started his lecture. After ten minutes of his boring speeches that always managed to switch topics every few moments, someone walked in.

"Ladies and gents." Mr. Clearmen called for our attention. "We have a new student. This is Carl. This is his first day so please make him feel comfortable."

"Please have a seat anywhere." Mr. Clearmen told him.

The guy walked through the aisle. Ignoring the many glaring eyes from the males and lustful looks from the girls, he took the empty seat beside me.

Hey, minds as well speak I guess.

"Hi, I'm Aniyah." I whispered, introducing myself. I sort of felt like Keisha on my first day here.

"Oh hi, I'm Carl." He said, looking at me with bright eyes.

"Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." he smiled at me.