CHAPTER 9

Yawning, I reached under my pillow and grabbed my buzzing phone. Groaning out in annoyance, I realized that I never shut my alarm off.

It was seven and I was wide awake now on a Sunday morning. Great! I decided to head downstairs to fix me something to eat. I slipped on my black tank top and black boy shorts and dragged myself down in to the kitchen.

"Good morning?" My mother greeted me as I walked in.

"Well you beat me to the punch." I said smiling as I watched her scrambling some eggs.

Good, because now I don't have to cook. I pulled a stool back from the kitchen island and sat down. She was making bacon, cheese eggs, and blueberry pancakes..

YUM!!

Wait... But why? She only did this when there was a special occasion or something else.

"Mom, what's going on?" I gave her a questioning look.

"What do you mean?" She played coy.

"Mom?"

"Fine fine fine, Next week I'm going to Florida for a week. Thats it."

"Okay, what day are we leaving." I asked, chomping down on a piece of bacon.

"We?"

"OH just you huh? Well have fun, I'll be waiting here for you." I smiled.

"I don't think so. That's the week school is closed and I do not want you just sitting around in here alone. Is there any way you can stay with Keira for the time I'm gone?"

"Ugh really?" I groaned. I had absolutely no problem staying with Keira, but the fact that she thought I couldn't stay here alone pissed me off.

"Yes really. I will speak with Keira's mother also." She insisted. She put the food on the plate and put it down in front of me. "Now eat."

****

I arrived to school on time. I walked in and went straight to my locker. With abnormal grins on their face, I could only question Keira and Keisha's weird behavior.

"What the hell is wrong with you two?" I asked, clearly creeped out.

"Nothing." Keira insisted.

"Uumm okay. Hey Keira, is there any way I could stay-"

"Sure!" She cut in.

"Uummm okay good." I said. "Well I have to go. I have to meet up with Carl to present our project."

We all said our goodbyes before I disappeared toward my English class. Walking in, I quickly analyzed the classroom. Carl was already here. He was sitting at his desk, scribbling a few words on a sheet of paper.

"Hey?" I tossed my bag onto my desk.

"Hey!" He looked up at me, a charming smile on his face. "You ready to present?"

"Of course, are you?" I asked.

"Yup, I'm always ready." He winked.

I blushed stupidly, but I quickly regained my composure. I had to fight the fact that I was sort of amused by it.

When the rest of the class entered and the class finally settled down, we were called up first to present our project.

When we were finished presenting, our teacher gave us our presenting grade, A of course. We sat down to allow the rest of the students to present their work for the remainder of the class period.