CHAPTER 16

So you wanna play with magic
Boy, you should know what you're falling for
Baby do you dare to do this?
Cause I'm coming at you like a dark horse
Are you ready for, ready for
A perfect storm, perfect storm
Cause once you'r mine, once you're mine"

I was singing a song I constantly heard on my Pandora app, 'Dark horse' by Katy Perry, and I had to admit, I have grown to like it. I was going through the closet and my bags for something to wear tonight for my outing with Carl.

Can I say it was not a date?

Keisha and Kiera walked in. They flopped down on the edge of my bed.

"What are you doing?" Keisha watched me pick through the many pieces of clothing.

"Well, I'm trying to find something to wear for tonight for my outing. Is this cute?" I asked, holding up a cute blouse with a knee length pencil skirt.

"Aniyah, I still think you shouldn't be going on this date." Kiera stated.

"Date?!" Keisha seemed lost.

"Look ladies, its not a date, its just two friends having fun. Besides, I don't like him like that." I assured them. "Besides...I like...someone..else."

"What? Who?" Keisha leaned in like were about to share the biggest secrets in America.

"Its Jason." Keira answered.

"What? How did you know that? Did Aaron snitch?" Ugh I had a feeling he would snitch on me when he saw me leaving Jason's room.

"Did he snitch about what?" Keira questioned me. By the look on her face, I assumed I just told on myself.

"Nothing." I began rummaging through my bags.

"Mmhhmm, dont tell me, I will find out from Aaron then." She dared me to tell the scoop before she went out looking for it.

"No......fine." I sighed. "Aaron may have saw me coming out of Jason room one morning."

"Why were you in his room?" Keisha asked, smiling ear to ear.

"Nothing happened. Now, will you weirdos drop it and help me find something simple to wear?"

************

A simple red knee-length pencil skirt with a red silk blouse. I finished the last touches to my wardrobe before I picked up my purse. Reaching into my bag, I pulled my vibrating phone. A notification appeared. It was Carl.

"Dont tell anyone where Im going, okay." Or should I say dont tell Jason?

They nodded. I could tell how they disagreed with my choice. I could not just blow him off. Could I?

I heard a horn outside of the house. I scanned the room to make sure I was not forgetting anything before I ran outside to see Carl's car parked across the street.

I noticed him getting out, maybe to open the door for me. Before he could reach me, I was already reaching for the door's handle. I didn't want to make this seem like a date at all. Realizing that I was already in, he hopped back into the driver side.

"You look absolutely beautiful."  He complimented me.

"Thank you." I accepted. "So where too?"

"Well, we can hit up a nice restaurant in town if you like?"

"Sounds good to me." I lied. An arcade or even the skate park would be better then dinner.

*******