Chapter 24

Curled up in bed, I listened to the rain drum against my window pane. Its suppose to rain all weekend and probably in to next week. It was putting a damper in to things.

The night was still young and here I was, stretched out under my sheets watching re-runs of Courage the Cowardly dog.

My thoughts began trailing off to Jason, wandering back and forth from hating to...want.

Uugghh!

The frustration was overwhelming and I needed to get out. I picked up my phone and called Keira and Keisha, suggesting that we go out. I needed to do something. Anything.

They agreed and told me they would be by to pick me up in about a hour.

I slipped on a pair of jeans, a T-shirt, and some sneakers. After about a hour of waiting, Kiera and Keisha pulled up.

"Soooo where too?" Keira asked as I hopped in to the back seat.

I shrugged my shoulders, not really sure where we were going. As long as I got out of the house, I did not care.

"Hmmmmm how about a movie?" Keira asked.

"Not really in the mood for it." I complained. The last thing I wanted to do was be in a dark, depressing theatre.

"How about roller skating?" Keisha suggested.

Hmmmmm bright lights, constant movement, laughs.

"Okay."

Keira pulled off.

*******

"What size skates can I get you ladies?" The employee asked.

"Can I get a size seven?" Keira requested. He handed the skates to her.

"Can I get a seven too?" He handed Keisha her skates and she walked to the seats to put them on.

"And what can I get you beautiful?" He asked. Normally, compliments like that would make me blush but this time, it just felt.....weird.

"Can I get a six and a half?" I requested. He walked behind the wall and returned with a pair of skates.

"Here you go gorgeous." He handed me my skates. He quickly shot me a wink. Disgusted almost, I frowned at him as I walked off.

I walked over to a red colored bench and took a seat beside Keisha.

"Dammit, these skates don't fit." Keira complained as she desperately tried to squeeze her foot in them.

"Are they the right size?" She flipped open the tongue of the skates and frowned.

"The fucker gave me a size six." She stood up and walked toward the skate rental booth.

"Calm down Keira!" Keisha yelled to her as she slipped on her skates.

I un-tied my skates and slipped my feet in to them to make sure they fit properly. I laced them up and knotted them so I wouldn't trip over them. I finally looked up to see Keisha starring at me strangely. She looked like she was contemplating what she should say but I already knew what she wanted to say.

"Just ask me."

"Ask you what?" She tried to play coy.

"How am I feeling? Am I okay? Am I hungry? Am I tired? You know? The same questions everyone ask me."

"Thats not what I was going to ask you." Her face scrunched up playfully.

"Then what were you going to ask me smart ass?"

She hesitated, her mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.

"Go ahead." I pushed.

"Do you miss him?" She finally blurted out. That question. Her four simple words replayed in my head as I searched for the answer, a truthful one.

"Yes."  I couldn't lie to myself nor anyone else anymore. I missed him a lot for some reason and it was frustrating. I yearned for his touch, his voice, his presences.

"Then why are you hiding from it?" She asked.

Honestly.

I don't know.

I wanted to go to him, be with him, wrap myself up in him but something was stopping me from doing so.

"I don't know." I frowned. Pride. Confusion. Fear.

She stared at me for a few seconds then changed the subject. She must have noticed that the topic was emotionally getting to me.

"Here comes Keira." She smiled.

"I got my skates." She held up her skates. Im guessing the right sized ones this time.

"You didn't eat him did you?" I joked.

"Nooooo. Smacked him around a little but I didn't eat him."

We all burst out in laughter.

"Well, lets hit the rink." Keisha smiled. A wobble in out step, he stumbled over to the smooth rink floor.

***********************

After hours of falling, twirling and laughing hysterically, we were drained and ready to go home.

"Ill see you guys later." I waved to them as they pulled off down my street.

All I wanted to do was sleep, and rest my drained body. I walked in my room, enjoyed my shower and snuggled up under my quilted comforter.