Page 99, CHAPTER-ELEVEN: STATE OF THE UNION, PART TWO

Page 99, THE SWORD AND SICKLE

PART TWO, DECEPTION:

CHAPTER-ELEVEN

CHILDREN OF SATAN

©2017, Olan L. Smith

The Two creatures arrived at Langley AFB, by three pm on the twenty-fourth of January, twenty-nineteen and Alderman and Abrams were there to receive them. Chief Alderman and General Abrams observed the Two in action, and were very impressed with the respect they received and their extraordinary abilities. They were virtually unstoppable. They flew up to two times the speed of sound and maneuvered better than anything available to the air force had to offer. Bullets could not penetrate their hide, scales or wings. All of their eyes were able to retract beneath their hide to afford them protection from injury. Their claws could cut through a three-inch steel rod cleanly. With their acute hearing and absolute vision, nothing could approach them without detection, and they could use telekinesis to manipulate objects as far away as two-hundred meters. Though they could sense thoughts from great distances, they did not have the ability to control the thoughts of others.

Abrams knew they would serve him well, although he still had apprehensions releasing such power to the President. Perhaps he was being an overprotective father, but he did not trust this woman. He knew that they were aware of the failsafe and this presented a problem as to implementing it use. They could surely stop him before he had a chance to activate it. After his visit with the Homeland Security Psychiatrist, Dr. Burton, he felt better that he would be capable of using the failsafe. The increase in his abilities gave him great confidence as he approached Victor and Six in the hanger. He initiated the conversation using is newly acquired telepathic abilities. Victor and Six did not seem to be surprise when he asked them about their trip. "Sir, it was very fine. As you already know we are capable of adjusting our body temperature to withstand many weather extremes."

"I am pleased. Greetings, and welcome to Langley. You will be transported to the White House immediately if the President asks."

"Sir, she is on her way to see us, as you speak."

"That is very fine intelligences, Privates. Tell me. How is it that you are able to communicate as one?"

"Sir, we are one. Yet, separate. That is how we were created."

"Who is your immediate superior officer?"

"Here, you are, sir. At Area-51, General Steel, sir."

"And while you are with the President?"

"That is up to the President. Sir."

"What is your identity?"

"Sir, we are Americans, sir."

At that moment, the President's helicopter landed outside the hanger. The Secret Service agents were the first to debark the craft, followed by President McDowell. She walked up to General Abrams and thanked him for the delivery of the Two. "General Abrams, you are dismissed."

"What about the delivery, Madam, President." General Abrams said.

"I will handle it from here. Your service is appreciated. Now leave us."

"Yes, Madam President." Abrams did not like being left out of the loop, and he murmured as he walked away. The Two sensed his displeasure.

Claire commanded her agents, "Leave us, now!"

"Madam President, do you think that is wise."

"They won't harm me. Now do as I say and close the hanger door on your way out."

Victor and Six were amazed that they couldn't read her thoughts. Her mind seemed impenetrable and sensed an invulnerability surrounding her body. Six said to Victor, "What type of being is she?"

Six said telepathically, "She is human, but somehow has obtained great power."

Claire said, "That is true. The force that protects me is far greater than you. If you attack me, you will surely die. If you disobey me, you will die. Do you understand me?"

The two bowed and said, "Yes, Madam. We understand. But let me assure you that it was never our intention to harm you."

"Lying to me will not be tolerated, either. I know you, I know your father. Your intentions were always open to me. Only the truth will pass your lips from this moment on. I know everything and all power is given me to rule over you. I do not appear to be as an indomitable force to the world, and that is where I need you. You will help me to send terror into the hearts of people. I report to a greater authority and he wishes for me to rule with an iron fist. She walked up to them with no fear and said, "Now, tell me what you are truly capable of doing. I already know what they report; I want to see if you still believe you can deceive me. If you knowingly lie; I will personally turn you into dirt!"

Outside, her agents became wary of the silence, and peaked into the hanger and saw her stroking the hands of the Two. They said to her, "Your agents are observing us."

"That's their job. They have no idea of my great power and it must remain so. I thank you for being honest with me. I do believe you are my servants. Now, return to your traveler. I will have my agents send you to your next destination. You will not be able to read their minds. Do not worry that you are losing your abilities. Your telepathic abilities are being restricted to the areas that I wish, however you will be able to detect anyone who wishes to overthrow or harm me."

"Yes, ma'am."

"You may call me, Claire...when we are communicating in private."

"Ma'am, that is against our training. We are not allowed to address any superior by their first name."

"Is that so? Not even your adopted father, Henry."

"No ma'am. It is difficult for us to call you ma'am instead of Madam President."

"From this point on you will call me, Claire. It will become evident later why."

"Speak aloud to me. I want to hear your voices."

"Claire, it will shake the ground. Your agents will worry as to your safety."

"Let me worry about that. I will make sure I am not standing under anything that might fall."

Six said, "As you wish, Madam President." Claire felt the vibration flow through her bones. It was like the deep rumbling of the snow during an avalanche. The building shook, gently. Her voice had a melodious quality to it and Claire loved the tonality of it.

Its music rang pure with a low tremble.

"And you, Victor?"

"As you wish, Madam President.," his voice moved the earth with a deeper rumble. Claire could feel the tremble as it raddled her teeth and shook her skull. Her agent opened the door, with their guns drawn. "Put your guns away. I am safe. Return to your travel cage, Victor and Six. I will see to it my agents ship you to the correct location. I will speak to you later tonight." She went to the White House to prepare for her first State of the Union Address.

―――――