Chapter 8. No

He rang the doorbell again. He had a grin on his face like Luke had when I told him I loved him. Except for Luke was 100000000% hotter in every aspect.

Graydon just stood there, waiting. Didn't he know that you have to be mates to propose?

I looked at Luke, oblivious to the drama unfolding.

I felt my phone buzz. I looked down to see a text from none other than Graydon.

It said; My dearest Luna, as you are aware you have just reached your 18th Birthday and it is time to find a mate. I have been waiting for you to come of age, knowing that we're meant to be mates. Please come outside. I know that you're home because your car is in the driveway.

The love of your life, Graydon.

What the actual hell? Love of my life? No. Meant to be? No.

Why couldn't he get that through his thick skull?

Luke came up to me and looked at me, confused. I showed him the text, and he looked outside.

I heard him growl and reach for the doorknob.

I stopped him and mouthed; I'll handle this.

I motioned for him to step back as I opened the door a bit.

"Graydon! What a, um, lovely surprise!" I said with mock enthusiasm.

"My darling Luna, for years I have watched you knowing that you're the one for me. Will you be my mate?" He asked.

"Ok, first of all, you only have one mate and you don't ask them to be your mate! You both feel it. It's a powerful pull that neither can escape, no matter who you are or where your from, you will always be together, and deprecation is not an option." I said, forcefully.

"You sound like you've felt this before," he said, motioning to himself.

"Ew. No. No way. Never in a million billion trillion quadrillion years!" I shouted.

"Are you sur-"

"Let me make this very simple for you. We. Are. Not. Mates." I growled "Now go away and never come back!"

He looked hurt but I didn't care. I have a mate and he's the only one for me.

I slammed the door in his face and walked back to Luke.

"That was too close. If he had seen you or smelled your scent it would have been over." I said, frowning. "We need a neutral place to meet."

"What about in the tunnel? We can dig out a room underneath and bring in furniture and lights and make it our own." He responded sweetly.

"That's absolutely perfect. Show me where the tunnel is, and we'll begin"

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Nothing to say, other than vote and comment.

-S

(PS sorry that this story's so cheesy. I think that it's pretty Gouda!)