Chapter 16. Life and Death

The growl rung in everyone's ears, making us all turn to the culprit. We looked down, off the short cliff into the forest. The cliff was the border.

All we saw were two pairs of chilling yellow eyes.

"Oh no," Luke said, " Its..."

"Your father," Alpha Greg interrupted.

"And another dozen warriors." My father finished.

We watched as they crept up to the border, and spoke.

"Alpha Greg, how nice to see you." Luke's father spoke.

"Alpha Jonathan." He spat back.

"We've come for my son. We was wrongly accused of killing one of your pack members. He's coming home with us."

Luke spoke, "They know, father. I'm free. There's no need to shed blood."

"Hush, you." He spat. "You wrongly imprisoned my son, the Alpha heir to Black Thorn. You were to execute him. You risked the entire being of my pack. For this, you'll pay."

"There is no need for war Jonathan. Your son has brought us a gift. A gift of life.", he says, looking at me.

"What kind of gift?" He snaps back

"This wolf," he says, shifting his gaze towards me, "is my mate."

He pauses for a minute, shocked.

"How could you do this? She's a Blue Moon for moons sakes."

"Well what dis you expect me to do?" He snapped back, angrily," she's the only mate I'll ever have! I won't lose her, and wether you like it or not, we're going to get married and raise our family."

"You got this filth PREGNANT?" He shouted out loud, "you could not have disgraced me more!"

"That's enough, Jonathan. You know that the mating bond is a scared bond, no matter the pack." Alpha Greg spoke, silencing Luke's father.

"And you," he said, a crazed look in his eyes," you let this happen. From letting your innocent pack member get knocked up by your sworn enemies, to almost killing the next Alpha of my pack. You have gone far enough."

"Dad, n-"

It was too late. Luke's father was in the air, claws unsheathed, fangs bared. There was nothing anyone could do as the blood of my Alpha splattered over all of us.

Alpha Greg tried to fight back, but he was already too far gone.

He still wriggled and writhes underneath the fangs of Luke's father, until he suddenly shakes violently, he hangs limp.

We all stare, in shock, in grief, and in vengeful anger.

All of a sudden, I hear a voice crying out, a voice of power, the sign of the new Alpha.

Everyone looks at me, while they should be trying to find the new Alpha.

The voice is really loud, so it can't be far.

But no one around me is screaming.

I then realize that I'm screaming.

My whole body pulses with power, I feel my mind connecting telepathically with my whole pack, I can instantly hear all of their thoughts, and they're all saying the same thing.

"She is the Alpha now."

--------------------------------------------------

What? Talk about twist ending! Just kidding I bet you all saw that coming from a mile away.

Please comment it shows how much you actually care about this story.

-S