Chapter 1

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I chucked my pillow at my phone, it missed, I rolled over and groaned, slapping my hand down on my phone in attempts to make it shut up. It was 7:00, I had half an hour to get up shower, dress, have breakfast and get to school. Groaning some more as I rubbed my eyes, I stumbled towards the bathroom to have a quick cool shower to wake me up. Quickly I roughly towel dry my long curly red hair and tie it up in a loose ponytail, I then put on a light touch of make up to stop myself from looking like the walking dead. Next I pull on my black skinny jeans, a loose white t-shirt, my black converse, some jewellery, my big grey cardigan and grabbed my school bag before racing downstairs to hunt down my breakfast before everything is devoured by the rest of the pack. 

As I come into the the kitchen I see Noah, the son of the Alpha and Luna and the next Alpha of the pack, and basically brother to me, "Hey there Melody, ready to go?" Noah was also the older bother of my best friend Emma, he would give us a lift to school before going on boarder patrol.

"Yep" I said grabbing a piece of fruit to eat on the way, "Is Emma already in the car?"

"Yeah, just waiting for you slow poke!" He says with a smirk, I roll my eyes and follow his out to the car.

I climb into the car where Emma is already sitting texting and laughing to herself, "Already sexting Darren!" Joked Noah,

Emma went bright pink and said "NO Noah! God your so gross, I'm not sexting him! just normal texting! Christ your mind is so freaking dirty! I feel really bad for whoever your mate is!" Darren was Emma's mate and Noah's future Beta for when he became Alpha. Noah was about to argue back before I interjected "Oh stop arguing you two or we'll be late!" Noah may be 21 but he still acted like a child when it came to arguing with his little sister. 

After a long, boring morning of lessons and daydreaming  I sat in the cafeteria with Emma eating  lunch. "Oh god please tell me your not sexting Darren under the table while we're eating!" As Emma's phone buzzed for the sixth time, "You'll be seeing hime later!" She just laughed, "When you find your mate Melody, you'll be exactly the same!" 

"Well I'm just fine without a mate thank you!" 

'I'm not!' said my wolf from inside my head, but I ignored her, "I don't need some guy acting all possessive of me telling me what I can and can't do! I'm my own person, AND I refuse to become and object, a thing simply to produce pups for my mate!" Emma just laughed harder at my outburst  "I am going to have such fun watching him trying please you when you find him! Your just a bundle of joy!" 

"Oh shut up Em, right I've gotta go, I've got music now" I said grabbing my lunch tray and bag, and getting up.

"See you later!" Emma called after me, her attention already back at her phone.

I found my favourite practise room empty and sat down in front of the piano, just stroking the keys for a moment, what would I do if I found my mate! I wondered 'Mate him of course and become his!' my wolf said to me as if it were obvious. NO! I said to her, annoyed, we will not become an object for him to own, I don't want to be with him if that happens, I'll just run away from him. I shut my wolf out before she could respond and ran through some scales on the piano, before playing some classic mozart pieces and finishing with some of my favourite Birdy songs and singing along to them.