Chapter 5

Greyson's POV

How did I get so lucky, I thought to myself when I was back in my office again, after sending Eli off to join Melody. I couldn't help but smile at the thought go her, she was so beautiful, small and slender, but strong and hard headed perfect for me. 

I thought back to yesterday when I heard someone playing the piano on my private floor, it had been gift from my father to my mother, but since his death she found it painful to look at so I moved it into the pack house in one of the spare empty rooms on my floor. 

I was about lash out as whoever dared come to my floor, let alone play that piano, but then I heard an angel's voice floating through the door, opening it carefully I saw Melody playing the piano and sining Skinny love. I lent against the door frame watching her, she had her eyes closed as she played and sung so engrossed in the music. I was bewitched by her voice, it seemed to reach every part of my being. 

My thoughts were interrupted as Eli burst into my office, "She's gone! Melody was taken!" 

"WHAT!" I growled, who dared take my mate, 

"I found this" Eli held at a scrap of cloth, it was a piece from the mint green dress Melody was wearing, and it was soaked in blood, 

"Assemble the warriors now Eli." My voice was shaking with anger, "I will kill whoever stole my mate." Then my eyes turned black and my bones began to crack.

Melody's POV

I woke up chained to a wall in darkness. My dress was torn and bloody, I could see the bruises and blood covering my body, what'd they done to me? I was shivering from cold and fear.

 Where was I, who had taken me? 

I'm pretty sure they were rogues remembering the large ragged wolves. A door banged open letting a column of light beam in and illuminate the room. 

A tall, dark man entered, just the sight of him made my skin crawl, "Well, well Melody, look how you've grown into a stunning young woman! Why the last time I saw you was when you were a small girl clutching a rabbit toy as I killed your father and then you mother when she didn't give me what I wanted, but no matter I have you now." 

"Wh-who are you?" 

"Oh don't worry your pretty little head about that, all you need to know is that you are my mate" 

What did he just say! "NO no I already have I mate!" I growled.

"You mean that you really believe that monster Greyson Benedict is your mate! You don't want to be with him, I know you don't, you are a child of the moon surely you should be able to recognise your true mate. Sadly your mother was the same, insisting that your father was her mate, I killed him in front of her, then I killed her too. Falling the duty of my mate to you my dear Melody. And I must say your beauty far out ways your mother's, you seemed to her inherited more of the moon goddess then her, with those illuminating eyes, pale skin and your red locks are a lovely addition." 

He approach me, I pressed myself up against the wall trying to get away from this mad man, "Stay away from me" I whispered, 

"Now, now! You need to show a little more respect towards me, I think marking you will help that." He loomed over me,

"y-you can't mark me I'm not your mate! Greyson is my mate" 

"And yet he hasn't marked you has he. So clearly he must think you aren't his mate or you would have been marked by now" He forced me up against the wall, my feet barely scraping the ground as he pressed up against me. The chains cutting into my skin, he bent down to my neck and started sucking at the spot, it filled me with disgust.