Chapter 10

Melody's POV

I was in Greyson's arms, tears were streaming down his face, I tried to stroke them away but my arms wouldn't lift. All I felt was the pain of my baby loosing its life as the blood poured out and the silver dug deeper; Greyson's features seemed to fade as the darkness swam, the last thing I saw were those bright green orbs, so perfect and intense. Then they were gone and I was falling through nothingness.

Suddenly, as the dense dark pressed in, a bright light flooded my vision, I could feel my body again, move my limbs and open my eyes again.

I saw a woman. A beautiful woman in flowing silver robes and long tumbling hair.

She was my great grandmother. 

"Melody my sweet baby girl" She smiled.

I ran to her and hugged her tightly, I had never met her but that didn't matter she was still family and almost exactly like my mother. 

She stroked my head, "I remember when I had fiery red curls just like yours, I was sad when my son took after his father in looks, but then his daughter got my curls and then she gave them to you" 

She smiled, "And you will give them to your children" 

As she said that I looked down at my stomach, the blood and silver poison was gone and my stomach was flat, 

"Di-did my baby-" I couldn't finish, as she nodded sadly, 

"and so did you I'm afraid, that is why you are here at the brink off death, however I will not let that happen you still have a life to live and a mate to love." She smiled 

"Can you save my baby? Please I beg you I felt him or her growing inside me, it was one of the few things which kept me going when I was in that cell" 

She looked at me with a sad smile, "It was twins, a boy and a girl" 

I choked on my tears pressing my hand to my stomach were they no longer were, 

"Please" I whispered, "I'll do anything, anything to save my pups."

"You need only ask." She said, "I will give one of them a little of my power, which will heal them and help to heal their twin. But I warn you my dear this is a blessing but also a burden." 

"Please, bring me back my babies" I whispered, 

"Ok" She smiled "I would have done the same to save my son." 

A silver orb of light appeared in her hand and she pressed it to my stomach, I gasped as I was brought back through the darkness back to the pain, back to Greyson's arms.

Greyson's POV

I clutched her limp body to me, shaking with sorrow and anger. 

My sweet Melody had been stolen from me and so had our pup, our sweet little pup. I looked down at her face stroking away the dirt, grime and stray hairs. 

"Please come back to me my love" 

My warriors had gathered around us, the battle was won, but I had lost. 

Eli put his hand on my shoulder, "Greyson we should move-" 

"No, she'll come back. She has to. Melody can't be dead" 

"Look at her Greyson, she and the-" he choked "and the baby are gone" 

I stood up still clutching melody too my chest, I carefully removed the dagger from her stomach and chucked it into the flames. I felt a burning black rage building in my chest and my mind as held my lifeless mate. A wild, savage nature was overcoming me and my wolf; our anchor to life, love and sanity was gone and now we drifting, being poisoned by solitude.