30

The next morning Rio walked down with Charlie. He met Damon halfway down the landing, who joined them.
"Morning, Demon."
"Hey Rio. Fun night?" He wiggles his brows. Charlie rolled her eyes. At the same time all three adults realised the two dead girls at the foot of the stairs.
"I better go warn Anya not to come downstairs." She said.
"What's little brother done now?" They stepped over the bodies to see Stefan playing twister with a few girls.
"Uh-oh. Alexandra, left hand, please." A girl passed over her hand and Stefan bit it.
"Hey, the two brunettes on the staircase owe me a Persian rug."
"You mean, they owe us a Persian rug? It's my house, too, brother. Ooh! Would you like a spin?" Stefan held out the spinner.
"No thank you Stefan. I'd rather not torture young girls." Rio walked over and carried the girls away, though they just tried to crawl back to the game. Rio rolled his eyes. "You'll forget all that's happened today, and last night. All you'll remember is that you had a great time with these girls. Do you know them?"
"No." She said.
"You met these girls at the bar. You girls instantly banded together feeling awkward at the club. Girls you know will be your good friends. I will take you home, where you will apologise to your parents or guardian for worrying them and promise to lead a better and safer life. A promise you will uphold." Rio compelled the first girl then moved on to the next.
"Jeez Rio. Why don't you compel them to a life of nunhood?" Damon joked. Rio ignored him.
"Damon find out who those girls at the stairs are. Their parents deserve to know that they're dead."
"Hey what about me? What do you need me to do, professor?" Stefan mocked.
"Right, that reminds me. I'm coming back to your school, someone's got to keep an eye on you."
"Hmm. You know, I, um, I was thinking about dropping art. Professor."
"I'll just make sure Elena stays. You need to follow her around, don't you?" Stefan rolled his eyes.
"Hey are you- are you and your family going to be staying here? I thought you know seeing as I've fallen off the wagon you might want to keep them away."
"Is that a threat, little brother?"
"I don't know. Is it?" Rio pushed Stefan to the wall after this comment. "Stefan, if you threaten my family then not even Klaus nor Damon will be able to help you."

"Oh thank God, Stacy. You're alive! I thought you were dead. What happened to you?" The mother of one of the poor girls Stefan decided to use as a toy exclaimed. She just noticed Rio. "Who are you?"
"Hi ma'am. I just saw your daughter as well as her friends wandering, lost. I wanted to make sure they got back safe and sound."
"Thank you." The woman replied, in a tone that implied she was anything but thankful. Rio just nodded his head and walked back. He'd taken a girl back already, and Alexandra was left.
"Alright Alexandra. Where do you live?" He sighed as he got in the car.
"Down the next street." She replied. Rio drove down to an area that was, well, pretty good.
"Who do you live with?"
"My dad, and my little sister." She pointed out her house and, just like the other girls, he walked her up to her door. Her dad came out as he heard the keys.
"Who are you?" Were his first words.
"My name is Rio, sir. I found your daughter lost and brought her home." Her dad started to fuss over her.
"Are you alright? Did he do anything?"
"God, no dad. I just went out. I'm sorry for worrying you but Rio actually helped me. I didn't know where I was and my friends were in the same situation. Not like you care." She stormed past him.
"Well I best be going." Rio said.
"Where did you find her?"
"Mystic falls- that small town, not far from here."
"Who did you find her with? My daughter doesn't have friends. She claims she can't trust anyone cos all they want is to be friends with the daughter of a rich guy."
"I believe their names are Stacy and Amanda. Maybe she made new friends?" He suggested.
"Do you want some coffee? Least I could do, for helping my daughter."
"I'm sorry, I need to go home. My wife and daughter are waiting for me. I'm supposed to pick up my in-laws and be home by-" He looked at his watch. "Now. I'm glad your daughter is home safe."
"It's the daughters you have to watch out for." The man said. "How old is yours?"
"16, she's not that much trouble, to be honest. She's the quiet type, hates to go out."
"Well you got lucky." The man chuckled and Rio smiled and walked away.

Rio headed to the high school, today was a school day. He compelled the head again and went back to teaching art. He wouldn't have Stefan and Elena until later but he did have the juniors now. As he walked to his classroom, he saw Elena and Stefan bump into each other. He listened in.
"Hello Elena."
"What are you doing here?" She asked. Rio could hear a quiver in her voice.
"What do you mean? I'm going back to school. Go Timberwolves!"
"What? Why?"
"Klaus wants me to keep an eye on you. I'm just doing what I'm told."
"I'm going to be late to class." Elena tried to walk past Stefan but he grabbed her arm. Rio started to walk over.
"Oh, class is this way."
"Let go of me, Stefan."
"Elena, do you think I want to be a senior for the 100th time? No. But if I don't have a choice in the matter, then neither do you."
"Oh boohoo, little brother. You're the one who chose to go back to school. Now leave her alone."
"Go away, Rio. This is none of your business." Stefan spat.
"I said let go of me." Elena tried again.
"You heard her Stefan," Rio tried. "Let go or I'll make you."
"Do that and her arm will break."
"And your master won't be pleased with you."
"Let her go." Alaric said, walking up behind Elena. Stefan made no motion to move. Rio grabbed his hand and snapped it, making him let go of Elena. He popped his wrist back into place.
"Ouch, brother. Shouldn't you be looking out for me? I am after all your youngest brother."
"Look here, Stefan. I will be there to save you- even from your own self, if I have to. Whether that means I have to occasionally snap your bones, including your neck, to stop you from doing something you'll later on regret."