32

Caroline and Rio brought Tyler to his home, leaving him on the couch. For the 5th time, Rio called his brother to warn him not to. Not that he'd listen. Finally he dialled Charlie instead.
"Charlotte Salvatore's phone. This is Anya speaking. How may I help you."
"Anya give the phone to your mother please."
"What, no hello? How utterly rude of you!" She demanded.
"Hello, Anya. Would you please pass the phone to your mother?" He tried again.
"Much better." She replied and called to her mother. "Mum! It's for you."
"Hey, Ty. What's up?"
"How would you like to go to a party?" He asked.
"I would love to!" Anya called in the background.
"Sorry you're on loudspeaker." Charlie apologised. "What kind?"
"Your favourite kind. A bonfire. I need you to go and make sure Damon and co. don't try to drug Stefan with vervain."
"We'll be there." She smiled.
"Tell Anya to be careful, she's still 16 and there are a few people who aren't good there."
"I'll tell her. What are you doing?"
"Klaus's hybrid is sired to him."
"Oh. I'm good luck." She hung up the phone. He walked back into the room they were in and saw Tyler already awake. He and Caroline were in a, discussion of sorts.
"My problem is you've been sired. Do you even know what that means? It means that you put Klaus's needs first. He is your master now." Caroline ranted.
"I'm not anyone's pet Caroline. He doesn't control me."
"Well, something's got to be controlling you. Because I don't know why else you'd be acting like the old you."
"The old me?" Tyler seemed a little confused. And a little hurt.
"Yeah. The old you. The pre-werewolf you. You know, the obnoxious you that I would never be friends with." Rio decided he was most definitely safer outside the room.
"Whoa! Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I'm sorry. I don't want to be that guy. I hated that guy."
"You're a vampire now, Tyler. Everything about your personality is heightened. So you have to be careful."
"I will. I promise. Just...Don't hate me. Everything I like about me is you." Rio smiled. That was a good answer. He peeked into the room and saw them kissing.
"Oh god." He backed out.
"Oh my god Rio!" Caroline exclaimed
"Is it safe? Or should I come by later?" He said and stood at the doorway.
"Would you?" Tyler asked and Caroline smacked the back of his head.
"No it's fine, come in."
"How did you come in? When did you come in?"
"Damon brought me here to meet your mother once. And I helped Caroline bring you here. Thought you might need help with the whole being aired thing."
"Right. Caroline said it means I basically roll over and do whatever Klaus wants."
"That's the gist of it. See it's more of a need to get in his good graces. You want to make sure he's happy. If he asks you to do something, you'll end up doing it- no matter how much you disagree or don't want to. Now you're a wolf so it's got to be different. Why is it that you're thankful to Klaus?"
"Because before him I had to turn every full moon. Now I don't have to. I don't have to go through that pain of my bones breaking every month."
"So you're thankful to him for saving you from being a slave to the moo and because you can live in peace."
"Yeah."
"What about the downsides?"
"What downsides. I can live forever with my gorgeous girlfriend. I can live an easier and less painful life. I feel more free than I ever have."
"You have to drink blood and you might kill someone."
"I might've killed some hiker as a wolf or someone else. My urges aren't like they used to. As out of control. Caroline doesn't have to worry about me biting her."
"Unless Klaus tells you to. As a vampire, you have more weaknesses as well as strengths. You're- let's say allergic- to vervain as well. You crave blood on a constant. You don't age so you'll end up having to move around a lot. Never getting to stay in one place. You can't have any kids. No one to carry on the Lockwood family name. He's not saving you from a life of servitude either. He's simply transferring it to himself. You can either run now. Before he realises and gets a chance to capture you and get you by his side before he gets you to do him favours."
"Or?"
"Or find a way to break the bond. Think over my words." He smiled at the couple. "Hey, I need to go make sure Damon isn't going through with his plan, so I'll talk to you guys later."
"I'll be back." Caroline whispered to Tyler before running after him. "Do you know of anyway to break the bond."
"Nothing pleasant. Nothing good." He said. "Tell him to take my advice and get out of town for a year or two. Until some other place tickles Klaus's fancy."
"He won't."
"I know, no sane guy would leave you, Forbes."
"We're on last names now, are we? Salvatore."
"Well, Forbes suits you."
"And Caroline doesn't?"
"It does. But Forbes just seems so you. Reminds me of Forbes magazine. Some glamorous magazine."
"I'm not sure if that was a compliment. On one hand you did compare me to something glamorous but you also compared me to a magazine?"
"You shouldn't feel offended. Magazines are full of informations."
"Meaningless information."
"Not meaningless. No information is meaningless Caroline."
"Whatever you say Tiberius."
"Go back to your boyfriend, Forbes." This playful banter of theirs seemed to put a smile on both of their faces.