49

"Hey, Blondie!" Damon called to the girl at the Mystic Grill. Amelia guessed that this was probably Caroline.
"What do you want, Damon? Elena's not here." Caroline snapped.
"I'm here for you, actually."
"Hmm, I wonder why the thought of that grosses me out." She said, sarcastically.
"Me too, I'm a very attractive person." He replied and she rolled her eyes. "You obviously thought so too, once."
"I see you brought someone? When did you compel her?"
"She's here for you Blondie. I know it may seem like it, but it's not always about me."
"Okay, I think you've done enough talking Damon. She clearly doesn't like you. I guess Tiberius isn't the only Salvatore who's changed." Amelia told him before turning to the young girl in front of her. "Hi. I'm Amelia. Amelia Forbes."

"Wait run that by me again. You're my ancestor- my great times 6 aunt and also a vampire?"
"Yes."
"And you knew the Salvatore brothers when you were human."
"Yes."
"Boy, no one really does stay dead in Mystic falls."
"That's true."
"Especially founding families. We've all come back to life at least once. Especially our generation. Well except for the Fell family. They sort of faded away."
"All?"
"Yeah. I mean Vicki was the first. She died, became a vampire. Died again, was a ghost on the other side until she got a physical foothold and sort of came back again- but she was dead so I don't think that counts. Jeremy died but came back because of the Gilbert ring. I'm a vampire so that speaks for itself. Elena died when Klaus killed her, but then her biological dad did this spell thing that extended gave her his life force and he died. Matt drowned but came back to life the human way. CPR, but he was actually dead so that does count. Tyler died when he was turned into a vampire, so he came back to life that way. Bonnie's a Bennett so she's not really a founding family but her family has been there from the start and she came to life when Damon had her put a protection spell on herself."
"About the Fell thing- you're forgetting about Logan Fell. Became a vampire, remember? Also kidnapped you." Damon reminded her.
"Well sounds like Mystic Falls had a pretty hectic time."
"I'm glad I get to meet you. My mom's the only family I have."
"Not anymore. Now you have me, as well."
"You know Caroline, she used to date Rio." Damon gossiped in a mock excited voice.
"What? No way!" Caroline said excited.
"Way. And they used to be engaged until he turned vampire." He added.
"Oh my God!" She squealed. "You and Rio?!"
"Just to give you two something to talk about while I go do something else. Caroline's quite the talker, Amelia. So good luck!" With that, Damon walked off, only to bump into Stefan at the door. "Stefan, brother. Hey. We didn't quite get to finish our project. Come on, Ric's rotting in jail. We need to find out who's doing this."

"Still, Victor?" Klaus said. He followed Rio to deep in the woods where they just stood around talking about how annoying Klaus could be. Well, mainly Rio talking.
"I know. I just don't have the heart to tell her that he's not a good guy, but if I don't tell her then who knows? She might get hurt."
"Might? Dude, the guy kills vampires for a living. And not for the money either. He's like another Finn. You can count on her getting hurt. And dead."
"So it's only right that I tell her, right? I mean, what if he's changed and he fell in love with her? And what if I tell her and she judges him for his past. Then I will have crushed the guy's life."
"He tried to kill you. And he tried to kill Charlie. If I see him, he's dead."
"No Klaus. Don't kill him."
"Why not? Your family, and I protect family."
"Because killing is wrong. And even if it weren't I care about Amelia. I don't want the guy she loves dead."
"What about Charlotte?"
"I love Charlotte with all my heart. She's it for me. I can never love anyone as much as I love her. I don't love Amelia or think of her in that way anymore, but I do care about her. She was my first love, and my first friend. I grew up with her, she also used to be my best friend. I'm not in love with her, but I do care about her as a friend. She deserves to be happy."
"You're too good, Rio. Can't you ever be selfish, sometimes? Just once, even."
"I am, Klaus. I'm selfish every time I choose to be your friend and brother. I'm selfish for forgiving my brothers for their past atrocities. I'm selfish every time I look at Anya with happiness because I can be there for her instead of her father. I'm selfish every time I look at Charlie because I know she probably deserves better but I could never give her up. I'm selfish for every second I stay on this Earth because I shouldn't live this long, but I could never give up this precious gift I was given."
"You're going all sappy again, mate."
"Shut up. Only you could ruin this."
"It's a gift." Klaus smirked. 
"Whatever, let's go to Lottie."
"Already here." Her voice rang out through the trees. She stepped out.
"Hey." He gave her a small smile. Rebekah and Anya stood behind her.
"I'm just gonna go. I have something to ask your brothers." Rebekah quickly ran off. 
"And I'm going to go, pretend I have something to do." Klaus joined his sister and ran off.
"You made your way to the place you grew up." Charlie smiled. Rio looked up to see she was right. 
"Or I made my way to you." He grinned.
"I'm going to go upstairs, and read a book or something." Anya retreated. She stopped and called out. "And, Rio? You're not selfish. We're all lucky to have you, and that you're happy here. With us."
"She's right. And so was Klaus. You're never selfish. You've never overindulged in materialistic things. You've never done things to make you happy, it was always about me."
"You are what makes me happy, Lottie. I don't need anything else as long as I'm with you."