51

"Bonnie's mother's lost her magic, so Bonnie called me up for help. As a former witch."
"Technically you're still a witch." Rio pointed out to his wife. 
"They don't know that. Remember?"
"Right. Hey, did you explain to Anya why you're still a witch?"
"Yeah. It's interesting, though. Anya's a siphoner too, but she can also do magic of her own. It's like she's a hybrid of the two, which is weird because that's pretty much impossible. There's never been such a thing. Besides siphoners are witches too technically. So you can't really be a hybrid of the same thing. I think?"
"Are you sure? I mean it could be a thing- a rare thing, but maybe because these hybrids, in a sense would be able to do their own magic they could pass off as a normal witch."
"That's an interesting idea."
"Of course it is. It's my idea." He boasted. "Hey, is there any way you could give someone with no magic a chance to do magic?"
"What, like you? Or like Abby?"
"Either. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with not being a witch, or warlock. Whatever, but would it be possible?"
"I don't think so. Still, I've had a lot of practice doing the impossible."
"Well, let's hope I can do the impossible and bring both sides of my family together."
"Stefan, Damon, Klaus and Elijah?"
"Exactly."
"I don't envy you."
"Either way, if you're going to hang out with Bonnie's mom, I think I might hang out with Anya. Some bonding time."
"Should I be worried?" Charlie raised a brow, jokingly.
"Definitely. Expect to come home to her crying. It'll be nasty."  He gave her a look. She laughed and walked out of the room, shaking her head. If this were any other man she might have had reason to worry, but this was Rio. He was the most trustworthy guy. He cared more about those he loved than anyone else, and it was obvious how much he loved Anya. Anyone could see that.

"Damon and Stefan asked me to ask you for a favour." The Bennett witch had taken Charlotte aside the first chance she got.
"Which is?"
"There's going to be a whole lot of crazy happening in Mystic Falls. Between the two Salvatores and the Mikaelsons. Everyone will get involved. They want you to take Rio out of here. Because if he stays, he'll have to choose a side sooner or later, and the boys have started to realise what that will do to him."
"You want me to make Rio leave Mystic falls when all his family seem to need him most? Do you know how impossible that is?"
"Then, I don't know. Lie to him. Or get him to take a vacation. Do something. Because either Rio leaves, comes back and finds out what's happened, or he'll be forced to choose a side."
"Rio would never choose a side. No matter what each person has done. He'll try to stop it. He's loyal that way."
"And when he ends up dead?"
"I know my husband. He'd rather die fighting for his family than leave them to kill each other. That would be the worst thing anyone could do to him."
"Sooner or later, someone is going to say something. Something they'd regret."
"Sorry, Bonnie. I can't do what you're asking of me."
"Then what about your daughter? You staying here endangers her the most- she's still human." Charlie sped and held Bonnie against the wall.
"Don't you ever, ever threaten my daughter." Charlie's eyes, darkened. An obvious sign she was angry.
"It's not a thr-threat." Bonnie gasped. Charlie held her up for a second longer before letting go. Caroline walked in as Charlie said her next words.
"Tell your mother I would happily help her with her transition into a vampire, but something's come up this time. And Bonnie- next time when I do come around for your mother, I don't want to see you."

"Hey babe." Charlie smiled as she walked into the place they now called home.
"Well, hello gorgeous." He smirked. "To what do I owe this honour?"
"You mind, body and soul."
"You can have it all." Anya made a disgusted sound.
"I don't know what kind of flirting that is, but could you guys cool it 'till I'm not in the room anymore?" She said then sniffled.
"Looks like someone's upset." Charlie said, a tiny bit confused.
"Told you, you should expect her to be crying when you get home."
"What happened?"
"It was Rio. He put on Bridge to Terabithia."
"No! Rio! You know I wanted to watch it with her."
"Guilty. But in my defence, she wanted a sad movie and this was the saddest I remember."
"What about Titanic?"
"That is a very romantic and upsetting movie. I thought it'd be better if you watched that with her. Besides, you know I've never liked it. We were on that ship, remember?" He rolled his eyes then changed the subject. "So you're back home early."
"Yeah. It was a total waste of time. I got a little pissed off."
"Punch some trees?"
"Right before I came here."
"What happened?"
"Well Bonnie was all, get Rio to leave Mystic falls otherwise he's going to have to choose between the Mikaelsons and the Salvatores. And I was all no. And she was like we all know what that's going to do to Rio. And I was like but Rio would never want to do that. And then she was all you guys should leave, it's not the best place for Anya and I pushed her up against the wall. And she was all I'm not threatening your daughter and I was all I'll come back to help your mother another time. Then I punched a few shit and ta-da. Came home."
"Bonnie is team Elena which is team Salvatore which means she was sent by my brothers which means they plan on killing Klaus and the Mikaelsons."
"I told her I wouldn't manipulate you."
"Will you manipulate her?"
"Sure."
"I'm in." Anya sat closer.
"No, you're not." Charlie and Rio said at the same time.
"I can take care of myself. Besides, she's only a witch. I've had my powers for centuries. I can beat her on my own."
"That's true" Rio said, wincing at Charlie's glare and carried on. "But it's not much, anyway. I just need Charlie to talk to her."
"Fine. Carry on."
"Make her think we're leaving." He stopped and was quiet.
"Then..." Charlie prompted.
"That's it."

"Then what's the point?"

"Well she'll think we're leaving, then think she's safe and we'll mess with her."
"That's just stupid, Rio."
"I know, it was only a joke. Don't worry."

"So what's the real plan?" Charlie asked.
"That's your job." He stuck out his tongue.