48

"You should call your wife, Rio. God knows she's probably ready to bite her own head off. Anyone would be, spending this much time with Rebekah." Klaus said.
"You know you love her."
"Of course I do, she's my baby sister. But even I know how annoying she can be."
"Hey you know that saying if you love something, or someone, set her free."
"What are you trying to say Rio? That I smother her? I'm protective of her, sure, but she has her freedom. And I don't mind if she dates, as long as I approve."
"I'm not sure if I should be offended or flattered." Stefan wondered aloud.
"I forgot you dated Blondie." Damon chimed in.
"Dude, you need a new nickname. You can't call them barbie and Blondie all the time."
"Why not?"
"The fact that you need someone to explain this to you makes it even more weird. And rude."
"You don't seem to have changed that much Tiberius. You still have the same tastes in friends." Amelia observed.
"Klaus is nothing like Samuel and Jasper."
"Yeah he is. He's exactly like them, except a little worse?"
"Who's Samuel and Jasper?" Stefan asked.
"The Lockwood twins." Damon asked with a slightly vacant expression. "Didn't you hate those boys?"
"At first when I was a kid. But then they became my friends."
"They were a seriously bad influence on you." Amelia told him.
"Just a little." Rio slightly cringed.
"Bad influence how?" Stefan asked.
"Well they stopped bullying and teasing Tiberius, but they never stopped bullying others. There was only so much this guy could do. Then he slowly started to change. Talked back and insulted the teachers. Changed his clothing style to, well less than respectful, got his ear pierced. He was sort of a bad boy but he never bullied the kids."
"Really? That's the Rio you fell in love with?"
"Well that Tiberius was more adventurous. The old Tiberius was boy-next-door/best friend. The new him was just different."
"Yeah, those days are past me. I found love. Changed. I mean, the reason I turned all Rio number 2 was to impress you, but then I just turned back to normal. Default setting."
"You dodged a bullet there, Amelia. You could've ended up with a dork who refers to himself as a default setting." Damon whispered.
"Eh, I don't know. I got a new dork who's way worse."
"Who's the lucky guy?"
"His name is Victor."
"Don't say Victor Locke."
"You know him?"
"Know him? It's a bit of a long story, I just figured there probably aren't a lot of vampires named Victor. He's the only one I've ever met."
"That's weird. I've met about 5." Klaus added
"You're old, that's why. Do you know Locke?"
"I don't know. Probably wasn't important enough for me to remember his surname."
"You're a vampire. You have photographic memory. He's pretty tall, blonde hair, was real close to your sister."
"That rules out two. Make that 3, I killed the third."
"He like 300 years old."
"Oh yes. Victor, I remember him. Oh, you're dating that dude?" Klaus grimaced.
"What's wrong with him?" Amelia defended her boyfriend.
"Hey, if Klaus hates him, it means he's good, or really bad. Which one is he, Rio?" Damon butted him.
"I never knew him well enough." He lied.
"Yeah right."
"Shut up, Klaus." Rio said, gritting his teeth. He got his phone out and checked the time. "Oh would you look at the time. I should probably go. Yeah, we should definitely do this again sometime."
"I'll go after him." Klaus volunteered himself as Rio ran out. "Don't trash my place, baby Salvatores and would-be-Salvatore. Or you'll find yourselves looking at your heart."

"Yeah right." Stefan muttered after Klaus ran out after him. "The guy's too hung up on Rio to kill us all. Do you think Klaus has a thing for him?"
"Okay, first off that would be disturbing. Klaus is borderline psychopathic. Not even that, he's way past the border. And Rio's all 'don't hurt the fluffy cute bunnies'. Besides, Klaus likes Caroline."
"Maybe he likes both."
"D'you think?"
"Why are you guys thinking about this? He's your brother. And he's totally married. At least that's the sense I get." Amelia stopped the two brothers.
"Oh, we're not worried about that. Rio's really into Charlie. No, it just seems as though Klaus is  kind of into him. I mean, Rio could tell him to roll over and Klaus would." Stefan said. 
"Wow, you guys really hate Klaus don't you?"
"You don't know the horrors he's capable of." Damon said, in a tone that didn't match the severity of his words.
"Yeah, sure I do. I've heard the stories. Every vampire knows Klaus is evil and whatnot. I just never knew him personally."
"Not every vampire. We didn't know about him until his brother kidnapped Elena."
"Which brother?"
"Elijah."
"And Elena's the doppelganger?"
"How do you know?"
"I did a teensy bit of research before I came into town. You mentioned a Caroline earlier. Who's she?"
"A descendant of yours, well not directly. She's more like your great great great great great great niece."
"Can I meet her?"
"Really? You want to meet her? You're her ancestor, and a vampire. You don't think that's going to be weird?"
"I'll introduce myself as a long lost family. I won't like out myself as a vampire."
"That's fine. She's a vampire too. Her mom isn't, though." Stefan told her.
"So why would it be weird?"
"Never mind. Let me just take you to her. Oh and her mother knows about vampires. Hated us at first. I like to think I have an okay relationship with her. I mean, the last time she tried to kill me was a few months ago. Right before the summer."
"So I shouldn't tell her I'm a vampire?"
"I'll introduce you, it'll be fine. Eventually." Damon thought for a second. "Probably. Maybe? Let's just find out."