41

"Well, I guess the only reason you agreed to this evening, Klaus, is to drive a wedge between me and my brothers." Stefan was saying.
"You're already on the outs with Rio." Klaus smirked. "I'd say you're doing that well enough on your own. Because of Elena, you're gonna lose your other brother and you'll only have yourself to blame."
"Stefan won't and hasn't lost either of us, Klaus. He and Damon got over the whole Katherine fiasco once. They'll do it again."
"Exactly."
"And what about you two? Are you going to get over that?"
"There's nothing to get over." Stefan stuck up for his brother. Damon and Elijah walked in.
"What do you say, Klaus? It's time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer, now you counter."
"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. You see, what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. And to fall in love with a human, maybe that nice football player, you know the blond one?"
"Matt Donovan? Really?"
"Yeah, why not? They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family."
"You're assuming she wants to have children. With Donovan. And that he wants to have kids with her."
"Well we could always compel the two to love each other."
"And continue the Petrova bloodline. Every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain and never run out of hybrids, right Klaus?"
"Consider it a small return on my investment in her well-being. See, after you hand me back the coffin, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her natural life. You know it's what's best for her." Klaus stood and walked over to Stefan. "So, what do you say Stefan, hmm? Do we have a deal?"
"What are you doing?" Damon asked as Stefan met Klaus halfway. Klaus held out his hand to Stefan- in a deal done kind of gesture- and Stefan grabbed it.
"Nice try, Klaus. But no deal." Rio bumped his head on the table. Klaus broke Stefan's arm. He kicked his leg and broke it as well. He pushed Stefan's hand into the fireplace, and it started to burn. Damon attempted to rush over to him, but Elijah intercepted him and pushed him against a wall.
"And what about me, Klaus? Elijah's stopping Damon but who's going to stop me?" Rio stalked over to Stefan and Klaus. "Let go of him. We've talked about this before."
"Fine." Klaus let go of Stefan. "Stop treating me like a kid. I'm centuries older than you."
"Then stop acting like one." Rio said, pushing Stefan behind him.
"Bring me my coffin, Damon. This time, Rio won't be able to stop me."
"I wouldn't be too sure about that. He seems to keep you in check all the time." Damon muttered. Klaus glared, and Damon walked out of the room.
"Go with him, brother. You keep him honest. And when you return, I will make good on my promise to you and I will hand over our family."
"You know, keeping your family hostage over your brother is seriously messed up." Rio remarked once Elijah left.
"Well, you know me. I'm already messed up. What's your excuse for me? Right- bad childhood, and a life spent not living or something like that."
"And the fact you were born a dick." Klaus made a face, and Stefan just looked at the two of them bizarrely.
"This is much weirder now that I think about it."
"What Klaus saying 'dick'? Grow up, little brother. You can't stay 17 forever."
"Technically, yes I can. And I was talking about the two of you being so chummy."

Elijah and Damon, along with another female servant, walked back into the room.
"Elijah...why haven't you left?" Klaus asked. Elijah picked the cover off the tray that the woman held.
"Where are you manners, brother? We forgot dessert." Two silver daggers were on the tray.
"What have you done?"
"What have you done?" Elijah spat back. "You see, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now."
"Kol." Klaus said as he entered the room.
"Long time, brother." Kol replied.
"I remember you! I met you once, back in like 1905. That was a brief meeting."
"Klaus's best friend right?"
"Well, I don't know about best..." Rio joked trailing away.
"I'm offended. What about that whole- we're like brothers- speech you always give me."
"It's a joke."
"A rude one."
"Hey do you think we could get back to this family reunion?" Kol asked. "Your playful banter isn't helping my situation. This is not the reaction I imagined."
"Sorry, carry on." Rio took a step back. Another guy walked in, who grabbed a dagger and stabbed Klaus's hand. 
"Finn, don't!" Klaus begged and he turned around only to bump into his sister. "Rebekah!"
"Told you." Rio muttered under his breath. She stabbed Klaus with a dagger.
"This is for our mother." She pulls out the dagger and Klaus falls back into Kol's arms. Kol restrained their half-brother and Elijah turned to the guests.
"You're free to go. This is family business." Elijah said. The younger Salvatores left, but Rio stayed behind.
"Rio? A little help?" Klaus asked.
"Not until you apologise to them. Until then, they're pretty much free to do whatever. It's not like they're killing you. And the daggers are silver. You heal."
"Fine. I am sorry."
"For?" Rio prompted.
"Rebekah I'm sorry for not undaggering you as soon as I got you back from Elena."
"That's what you think I'm mad about?" Rebekah raised a brow.
"Finn I'm sorry for not undaggering you when Rebekah's hunter boyfriend daggered you all, and tried to do the same to me. I just wanted to wait until it was safe from Mikael, before undaggering you. In retrospect, I realise perhaps I waited too long. Kol, I'm not sorry for daggering you because you were out of control, but you are still my brother. I should have undaggered you after we left New Orleans at the least. Elijah- I'm sorry for not holding up to my end of the bargain once before, but I swear to you- this time I had every intention of doing so."
"Those are rubbish apologies." Rebekah protested.
"At least he said the words "I'm sorry", Bex."
"Fine. Alright. I'll leave you alone but don't mistake this for forgiveness."
"Me too." Kol replied. Rio nodded, and walked over to Klaus taking out the daggers and helping him stand.
"Who might you be?" Finn asked.
"He's married to Charlotte." Klaus replied.
"Your brother knows Lottie?"
"Yes. She was Finn's friend for the weeks before- you know?" Klaus answered.
"You daggered him? Well, that sort of makes sense.  That was like 900 years ago right?"
"Exactly."
"So, why don't we all go into the living room?"